Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Terri Schiavo

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    And why should I agree with anything you just ranted ? I take all issues I look at on a one by one basis. If I saw any kind of proof, and I mean proof, not hear-say, that Terri wanted this, I might feel a bit differently. I might even feel differently if Terri was hooked up to life support, but I feel totally different when a person is starved to death.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7287950/

This might make you think a little, even if you don't believe it with 100% accuracy
    Feeding tubes are removed everyday. It seems media attention has made this story "unique" when it is not.

I could care less about his motivations for removing her tube. It sounds like he's a scumbag. However, if the husband has the right to have her tube removed, so be it.

Change the law.

Not feeding someone that needs it is not killing them. It sounds to me that if she didn't want to be this way that it still would amount to starvation.

What's the difference between life-support and a feeding tube?

It seems they are both.....life support.

edit: I do hate the thought of starvation. It's a slow death.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-25-2005 at 06:49 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    I watched my mother-in-law die..from cancer. It is almost the first year anniversary of her death. she stopped eating and drinking. She eventually wnet into a coma. Before that, she said she was not hungry, did not want food, water, etc. Her body was dying, and when the body starts to die, many mechanisms shut down. I can certainly say in our own personal story, the pain she suffered was from the cancer, and she had morphine for that. Scroff was there to give her her dose every 2 hours..he stayed at his parents during her final weeks.
    I resent the way the religious zealots have presented this entire case, calling it murder. I resent even more the comparison of how Terri looks..to someone in a Nazi prison camp. The feeding tube has been out for a week. Is there really any comparison, and therre should be no comparisons anyway. Each life, as well as each death is unigue to the individual. Death is part of life, and is an uncomfortable topic for people to ponder, let alone discuss.
    I had long talks with my mother-in-law while she was dying. We talked about her life, and we talked about her dying...her thoughts, her feelings, her concerns, etc.
    This should have stayed a private affair within the family. Politicians have made it their own circus. It is a shame and a disgrace, and if nothing else, does a last injustice to the life of Terri
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The starving to death does seem cruel, however she would not be aware of it as the part of her brain that would make her realise is dead. All that is left is a body that is breathing on auto pilot. She died 15 years ago, her body just doesn't know it.

I have heard people argue that if you did this to a dog you would be put in prison, but a dog you can have put down by leathal injection. The fact is that the law prohibits humans being "put down".

Busy is right, feeding tubes are removed all the time and George Bush signed into state law in Texas the right for hospitals to remove life sustaining treatment even against the will of the family if they consider it futile to continue or the family is unable to pay for "futile treatment".
    Where was the outrage at the six month old baby having his breathing tube removed even though he was awake, aware and responsive to his mother. Where was the outrage and the supporters when this mother pleaded not to let her son die?

As i stated the husband should have lost his rights when he took up with this other woman, the law sees it different though. It is not Terri on that bed, it's just a body so she would not suffer from having the tube removed but she would not suffer from her body being fed....she wouldn't know either way... she died 15 years ago
    Last edited by vidcc; 03-25-2005 at 03:44 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    The starving to death does seem cruel, however she would not be aware of it as the part of her brain that would make her realise is dead. All that is left is a body that is breathing on auto pilot. She died 15 years ago, her body just doesn't know it.

I have heard people argue that if you did this to a dog you would be put in prison, but a dog you can have put down by leathal injection. The fact is that the law prohibits humans being "put down".
    ago
    Thank you.I'v been trying to tell people this.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I made a realization today. The family isn't thinking about their daughter, they are thinking about themselves. The mother refuses to visit her daughter because she can't stand seeing her daughter like that. If she honestly believed that Schiavo is conscious why would she abandon Schiavo in the final days? That seems cruel and selfish to me. A decision that she will most likely regret later.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Well, she is no longer with us, RIP Terri, you're troubles are over.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Yes RIP...hopefully with this thread as well

yo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456