Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Time Flying

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    Thanks for all the advice guys.

I think that I’ll have a stiff drink before we take off to help settle me down. Other than that I’m good to go
    ..and go to sleep.

I hope you don't encounter TUrbUlEnCe!!!!

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    I hate flying, I had a bad experiance with a bird strike in Glasgow and that sorta finished it for me I'm not too bothered about the pilot although its true he might be having a bad day u never know? I'm more bothered about the mechanics and other ground staff, U know how it is last thing in the garage friday afternoon I once saw a pilot kicking the tyres on a plane before boarding a 5 year old car you kick the tyres on not an airplane, as for the flatulence bit I thought the cabin pressure remained the same regardless although I would'nt know as I'm always too drunk and popped up on valium to notice, my theory being get 4 valium off the doc supposedly 2 for way there and 2 for way back although I just take all four on way there and worry about the way back later curiously though valium is cheaper to get off drug dealers than on prescription.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23

Oh rolling over this one.

You guys know I don't like ruining my subtle jokes with smilies. Why do you think I posted in the lounge and used the word stinker. It was a remote smilie.

Synthesis people, synthesis.

Of course people don't fart like trumpets when planes take off, but I am literally in tears over the response.

Wasn'T my post over the top enough. Pseudoscientific jibber jabber, farting like trumpets, a big commuter secret.

I was going to tell Hank it was a joke later to be sure he didn't worry, just wanted to let my first get kick around for a while.

I guess I was bad today, I should dio it more often.

Flying is fun.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Just keep this in mind Hank, more people die/get injured from car accidents than planes. A hell of a lot more, thousands of times more . lol, and to think I wanna be a pilot, my mom calls me crazy. Just get the window seat, trust me, when I first flew I was so scared (12 years old) but the takeoff, oh man, it's one of the most exhilarating experiences you can have, and as the plane lands it's even more thrilling because you can't really see the runway.

We were landing at Seoul Kimpo Airport (back in 2000) and I remember that the airport was close to water, so here I am looking out my window as the plane descends and all I see is water...I was so freaked out. But seriously though, there's nothing to be worried about.

And who knows, if you like this first experience (as I liked mine) you might fly more often and become so accustommed(SP!) to it, you'll be able to sleep through the whole thing (it's easier than it sounds).
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 03-26-2005 at 10:44 PM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    error

oh well since I double posted by mistake, I see people might have gotten it once they ventured to the lounge.
    Last edited by hobbes; 03-26-2005 at 11:07 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

Oh rolling over this one.

You guys know I don't like ruining my subtle jokes with smilies. Why do you think I posted in the lounge and used the word stinker. It was a remote smilie.

Synthesis people, synthesis.

Of course people don't fart like trumpets when planes take off, but I am literally in tears over the response.

Wasn'T my post over the top enough. Pseudoscientific jibber jabber, farting like trumpets, a big commuter secret.

I was going to tell Hank it was a joke later to be sure he didn't worry, just wanted to let my first get kick around for a while.

I guess I was bad today, I should dio it more often.

Flying is fun.
    Seeing that no one believed it, I think you got one serious response.

Either way I thought it rather funny.

(I wondered why I heard a brass section on take-off )
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    You could always get some sedatives from your doctor if it's a real issue. That's what I end up having to do.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    You could always get some sedatives from your doctor if it's a real issue. That's what I end up having to do.

I have some here but I really don’t want to take them because I want to face this head on.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    I have some here but I really don’t want to take them because I want to face this head on.
    If you can trust that the roller coaster will not derail and enjoy the ride, you can feel the same confidence about flying. The difference is that the Captain is on the plane with you and has everything to lose. A rollercoaster is Captainless.

Flying is great fun. Small bumps are normal, just like potholes in the road.

Best of luck.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    my first time flying hank....i was nervous for....
    about as long as it took to buy the tickets
    after that i put it out of my mind
    i was in a window seat, and it never bothered me
    in fact, the sites were beautiful,
    seen from a totaly new perspective
    it actually left me more in a state of awe
    Mt. Shasta was a bitchin scene from that far up
    and yeah, the acceleration was pretty fkn cool too

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast