Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAM Help Needed.

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Probaly the cheapest way to upgrade your computer. Always laffed at how the older memory is more costly .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    time to buy a new pc, my 4 year old pc that i gave to my sister has better specs than that

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by summond_skull
    I just run a lot of Adobe programs like Photoshop, ImageReady, MSN Messenger and Firefox at the same time, and I have like on average around 12 MSN Convo's open and it really slows me computer , I'm just lookin' for somethin' that can make it run more programs without "lagging"
    I believe that the "something" you are looking for is a new PC.
    It's time to look at your current machine as an investment...how much return will you get for the cash you'll put into it?

Sadly, not only is older (SD) RAM too pricey (unless you go for used), but it can't be carried forward to a new build.
    Essentially, this makes it a total loss when you move forward.

Furthermore, the list of open programs that you trivialize with "just", is actually a significant enough load to require a more modern CPU.

I assume that budget is an issue (it certainly is for most folks), but seriously, how much sense does it make to keep sinking money into a machine that will never fulfill your current needs, much less prove capable of handling new demands?

I'd start looking to find some used RAM (you should be able to score a 256MB stick of PC 100/133 for <$20) and then set your sights on "movin on up".

Apparently I am channeling Suze Ormand this morning....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12