Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dr Who

I personally think the new doctor who is brilliant, its funny, lighhearted and if you've got nothing better to do well worth a watch.

2. Movies & TV   -   #32
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I'm a long time Doctor Who fan and I've gotta say I'm really enjoying the new series. The beeb have managed to capture all the humour and quirkiness of the doctor(s). The SFX are nicely dont distract from the content and plot. Its also great to see a family show that manages to scare without resorting to gore and violence.
    My two kids (boy, 9 and girl, 8) love watching it even if it means they have to cuddle up to me and my partner and hide behind a pillow! After all, thats what Doctor Who's all about!!

I must say I am dissapointed to hear that Eccleston and Piper are quitting after just one series. Does anyone know how many regenerations we have left?

3. Movies & TV   -   #33
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by namzuf9
    I'm a long time Doctor Who fan and I've gotta say I'm really enjoying the new series. The beeb have managed to capture all the humour and quirkiness of the doctor(s). The SFX are nicely dont distract from the content and plot. Its also great to see a family show that manages to scare without resorting to gore and violence.
    My two kids (boy, 9 and girl, 8) love watching it even if it means they have to cuddle up to me and my partner and hide behind a pillow! After all, thats what Doctor Who's all about!!

I must say I am dissapointed to hear that Eccleston and Piper are quitting after just one series. Does anyone know how many regenerations we have left?
    I'm enjoying the show as well, it is great TV.

I think we have 10, 11 and 12 to go withregards to regenerations. But The Master cheated this in the Paul McGann movie (which I liked) so I'm hopeful we'll have Doctors for some time yet.

Billy is great and she's not bowing out just yet, anyhow companions come and go. It will be a shame to see her go though.

4. Movies & TV   -   #34
    mediocrity killed the cat

5. Movies & TV   -   #35

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    I think we have 10, 11 and 12 to go withregards to regenerations. But The Master cheated this in the Paul McGann movie
    He's been cheating for longer than that.

Technically, he's no longer a Timelord, just an arch-enemy really. I'd say nemesis, but I always considered that synomynous with the Moriarty/Holmes relationship (two sides of a coin), and going by the series/telefilm, The Master doesn't even have a body anymore.

I'm more anxious to see the Cybermen come back properly, not just a head.

6. Movies & TV   -   #36
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Hmmmmm makes one wonder.......
    They'll be back....

Anyone who saw last nights trailer......

I just knew it!!!!! Wiley bloody creatures them Darleks......me scared
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 12:32 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #37
    dr.who rules! i might get the old 1s see how they r

shame theres only 2 left then theres another out for xmas and thats it i think unless they make a season 2
    cryco pig

8. Movies & TV   -   #38
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by crysmileyguy!
    dr.who rules! i might get the old 1s see how they r

shame theres only 2 left then theres another out for xmas and thats it i think unless they make a season 2
    Aslong as you don't expect to much in the SFX department,you'll love the old ones lots of cliffhanging endings..John pertwee was always one of my favourite docs,also loved Tom bakers portrayl,had a couple of amusing companions

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

9. Movies & TV   -   #39
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Run...Hide ...The feckin Daleks are Coming......Extererminate...ahhhhhhhh

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

10. Movies & TV   -   #40
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Run...Hide ...The feckin Daleks are Coming......Extererminate...ahhhhhhhh
    Daleks ain't so tough...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast