Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can't share files between 2 computers....

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Sorry, just to add... IF your AV does pick up componants of RADMIN, don't quarantine them or have them removed or your program will of course not function.

Set your AV to excude these as I have. Symantec have this feature as I'm sure other AV's will have too.

Samurai

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Networking can be a bit of a nightmare at times, everything seems to be in place and working but it just wont let you share the folders or connection, that sounds like a neat app that samurai has I would have loved something like that insteadof xps own, I just gave up in the end and signed up for wanadoos wireless and talk which gave me an extra phoneline and wireless all round the house, I simply put the disc in each puter and its sorted, I know I could have just bought a wireless and ethernet router but I reckon if I have the service running a few month they wont be asking for the router back

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What about firewalls? Are there any firewalls on either or both of these computers? If so then you need to configure them to allow access or turn them off.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Yeah Zone alarm did'nt like me setting up networking so I had both turned off during set up, when I rebooted my pc za picked up the connection and I granted it permission so knocking your firewall off is advisable. When I was trying using my own hardware to set up wireless networking I run a test using the windows run box, u type in command then in then msdos box type ipconfig which should give you your i.p address xxx.xxx.xx.xx, do the same on the other pc then in the msdos box again type in ping xxx.xxx.xx.xx (the x's being the i.p address of the pc you want to communicate with, if no packets get sent then you can't connect to the pc at which point I fell flat on my arse but it could help to narrow down your troubleshooting.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    What about firewalls? Are there any firewalls on either or both of these computers? If so then you need to configure them to allow access or turn them off.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    What. What.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    The firewall on both computers is turned off......

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    What. What.
    Nothing man. Just seemed like a given in these circumstances. It's like suggesting "have you tried boiling the kettle" when asked how to make coffee

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    The firewall on both computers is turned off......

Turn them back on. Make exceptions / permissions instead.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai

Turn them back on. Make exceptions / permissions instead.
    ok i'll do that...
    BTW i also need some help on using Remote Adminstrator....how do i file share using that program? Guides?

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast