Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we get rid of sig2dat links?

Yay, new Exeem, now packed with even more Spyware and shit. I can't wait to download, burn to a cd and burn it.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 04-17-2005 at 01:08 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    erm bit exeem is clean with no ads

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]
    But I'm of the opinion that change isn't hard, it's inevitable.
    The fact is your right and it has already happened anyway.
    But just take a look thru the verifieds sections. It's sig2dat as far as the eye can see.
    I havent looked in detail but I think most of the newers ones are ed2k anyway.
    Perhaps we're unwittingly chasing the experienced P2P traffic away by continuing to offer a majority of sig2dat links?
    I doubt that where at this point I would like the board to be well rounded and have alot to offer whatever ones thing may be.

Also the best thing you can do for your cause is a flood of some good ed2k stuff...
    Last edited by RealitY; 04-17-2005 at 05:40 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Also the best thing you can do for your cause is a flood of some good ed2k stuff...
    In other words, I should go for it, but I'm on my own as usual.
    Funny, I thought this was supposed to be a community. Not a one man show.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Torrents please.Stand up to rIAA

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]
    In other words, I should go for it, but I'm on my own as usual.
    Funny, I thought this was supposed to be a community. Not a one man show.
    Doubt your on your own and hardly what I meant as well...
    Last edited by RealitY; 04-18-2005 at 05:58 AM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Well, lets find out.

What I'd really like to suggest is that we (as in we - a group of volunteers, not just me) get together and form a verified links checking/replacing group.

The group's job would be to go through the verifieds of the... lets say... past 12 months for starters? ...and replace any verified links that are sig2dat with another network's link. ed2k, magnet... whatever the rules allow.

If members of the board want to keep the existing sig2dat links, fine, then we can just add an altenative for ed2k or whatever.

Start with a pinned topic in this section asking for volunteers who can put in time at least once a week to get a list of verified sig2dats and find a comparable list from another network.

Offer something like a special member group or sig etc for thier efforts - make it worthwhile.

What does everyone think of that?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Thats a rather good suggestion for whoever is willing to put in the effort and I would suggest just to add a new post with the other networks hash. I dont think it needs to be done quickly so if only a few or even less where done each day that would even be good as it would show as activity within the section also...
    Last edited by RealitY; 04-18-2005 at 05:58 AM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    no point of posting sig2dats if all the sources are on ed2k, and vice-versa
    people should only post links that will work

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Naturally.

The group should always aim to find verifieds with the maximum number of sources. If a comparable file can't be found on another network, no change or addition will be made to the existing verified thread.

Most verifieds posted on FST are quite popular though. I don't think we'll have too much trouble finding the same or similar files on other networks in most cases.

I also seem to remember an old school KLB member saying that a lot of the files on fasttrack had trickled down from the ed2k network. If that's true, our job shouldn't be too difficult.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12