Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stolen Avatar

Proff.Moriarty
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@9 April 2003 - 17:39
    @Proff.Moriarty, Sherlock_Holmes, Doctor_Watson, UKMan (whoever you are)
    too many names, gets confusing -

Perhaps you should check with a Mod/Admin prior to making assumption as to whether or not we are around before you proclaim we have total disregard for the rules of this forum.  If we are not around 24/7, it may be that we Mods actually work, remember we do this at are free will.  Things will slip by especially because of the large number of members.  We catch what we can and react to it or what others provide.  Have/or see an issue PM one of us, let's us look into it.  Uncalled for to openly say we have no regard...............
    I believe it says Proff.Moriarty - but hey, thx for the reminder of who i am

Consider my hand slapped - now im gonna run off into a corner (sic) and sob my eyes out.

If you speak with JJ first - you will get what all this is about - i assume you keep in touch ? That wasnt sarcasm - just a plain question.

Thats the trouble with chatsites/forums/boards etc - you just cant read between the lines, cause theres no face to look at, no voice to hear the emotions - thats also the reason why so many foolish arguments start here - we've stopped talking to each other face to face, its a nightmare created by the Internet. We even send messages on the phone to each other saying we're outside the door "can i come in"? - think about it, you might understand where im at.

When S.Holmes or Dr.Watson or any of the others post here, think about their true character and wonder why just that person posted.

As far as saying you had totall dissregard - you missread that im afraid - if you read it properly, i said "...but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum." - which in my books is NOT saying YOU have total dissregard but that the users have it. There is a BIG difference you know !

Proff.Moriarty (not sherlock or any of the other twats)

edit: i cant spell - so what!

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@9 April 2003 - 16:44
    to put it bluntly, who cares. you got it back now.
    exactly

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Proff.Moriarty@9 April 2003 - 11:58
    Consider my hand slapped -
    mine as well.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by CornerPocket+9 April 2003 - 17:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 9 April 2003 - 17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 17:40
    Originally posted by -JmiF@7 April 2003 - 23:31
    Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 23:19
    Originally posted by -JmiF@7 April 2003 - 18:27
    <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool
    @7 April 2003 - 18:03
    Actuatly avatars are copyright or copywrite hmm by the person who made it and uploaded it first for 70 years afterhis/her last living family member

Is your site commercial

http://www.acecoolco.com/index.php?page=about

It&#39;s just that it mentions you and your company and implies it&#39;s content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position.

Yes, i totally agree. Commercial advertising is not allowed here and in fact has been mentioned many times before. I think the MODS have missed this one.

Here is the ruling on that one:
    6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

Sorry to be pedantic baldy, but maybe the admistrators agreed to this. I think maybe you are a wee bit too H4r5h.

I was only seeking an ok from the mods. Basically has this advertising been authorised. If so then cool. Otherwise can we have something done about it.

I think the mods are doing a very good job, but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum.
    @JmiF,
    will look into acecool&#39;s site, may have persmission from VB who knows. Nonetheless followup will be done.

Perhaps you should check with a Mod/Admin prior to making assumption as to whether or not we are around before you proclaim we have total disregard for the rules of this forum. If we are not around 24/7, it may be that we Mods actually work, remember we do this at are free will. Things will slip by especially because of the large number of members. We catch what we can and react to it or what others provide. Have/or see an issue PM one of us, let&#39;s us look into it. Uncalled for to openly say we have no regard............... [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for that CP

However it may be easier for all concerned if there was some indication that the commercial advertising was authorised.

e.g. add a flag Authorised by VB
    Incidentally are you a Go&#39;auld

PS I can spell "so what"

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF+9 April 2003 - 22:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 9 April 2003 - 22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -CornerPocket@9 April 2003 - 17:39
    Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 17:40
    Originally posted by -JmiF@7 April 2003 - 23:31
    Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 23:19
    Originally posted by -JmiF@7 April 2003 - 18:27
    <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool
    @7 April 2003 - 18:03
    Actuatly avatars are copyright or copywrite hmm by the person who made it and uploaded it first for 70 years afterhis/her last living family member

Is your site commercial

http://www.acecoolco.com/index.php?page=about

It&#39;s just that it mentions you and your company and implies it&#39;s content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position.

Yes, i totally agree. Commercial advertising is not allowed here and in fact has been mentioned many times before. I think the MODS have missed this one.

Here is the ruling on that one:
    6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

Sorry to be pedantic baldy, but maybe the admistrators agreed to this. I think maybe you are a wee bit too H4r5h.

I was only seeking an ok from the mods. Basically has this advertising been authorised. If so then cool. Otherwise can we have something done about it.

I think the mods are doing a very good job, but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum.

@JmiF,
    will look into acecool&#39;s site, may have persmission from VB who knows. Nonetheless followup will be done.

Perhaps you should check with a Mod/Admin prior to making assumption as to whether or not we are around before you proclaim we have total disregard for the rules of this forum. If we are not around 24/7, it may be that we Mods actually work, remember we do this at are free will. Things will slip by especially because of the large number of members. We catch what we can and react to it or what others provide. Have/or see an issue PM one of us, let&#39;s us look into it. Uncalled for to openly say we have no regard...............
    Thanks for that CP

However it may be easier for all concerned if there was some indication that the commercial advertising was authorised.

e.g. add a flag Authorised by VB
    Incidentally are you a Go&#39;auld

PS I can spell "so what" [/b][/quote]
    I like that a flag if authorised by VB

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Poster
    And why not

Then we would all know

Are we doing the optical illusion thing again.

Reminds me of Martha

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    This thread has morph&#39;d. But here&#39;s my two cents.

It&#39;s fun to see all the different avatars. Variety being spice and all. While ppl here are supposedly into sharing, it&#39;s a drag to see the same avatar being used by different ppl.

If a newbie (myself-2nd visit to forum) can follow the directions for placing an avatar in their profile then there should be no problem. If ppl unintentionally use the same avatar they can pm to work it out.

Commercial content, just play by the rules. If you don&#39;t like the rules then take the initiative to contact the admins and request a change in the rules. If the rule stands and you still have a problem, live with it or leave.

Commercial content that is authorized by the admins...little flag is a good idea...how practical...up to the admins.

btw keep in mind those are Canadian cents, we can&#39;t even afford real copper ones anymore. So above may be worthless to the rest of the world.

edit spelling

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Poster
    I agree with you

But please don&#39;t throw me off a roof.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    ooo ooo. i can use an ebaums image&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Forum Star
    I believe it&#39;s time to close this topic now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234