Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: IE6 v. Firefox

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    It worked!!

Guillarme....my hero....

Mod tools and smilies all working now.....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Guillarme....my hero....
    Meh. At least, you could try and spell your hero's name correctly.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    Meh. At least, you could try and spell your hero's name correctly.

Me is soooooo embarrassed Monsieur Guillaume....Je suis vraiment désolé pour mon erreur svp me pardonne

Sorta thing....
    Last edited by sArA; 04-27-2005 at 08:23 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I can play most imbedded videos fine, Shockwave and java is good to. Quicktime doesnt load but i have the Load this page in IE extension.
    Quicktime loads for me in ff, I dunno' how, though, as some people seem to have probs with that.

Can't even remember how I got it to work

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    the thing that pisses me off about IE is that it just collects to much spyware and such........
    firefox doesnt have that, cause most people still use IE........ which (as said before) is a bad idea since it is linked to your OS

busyman: you dont like tweaking FF, but you do like tweaking IE? i mean, i cant remember the last time FF came with tabbed browsing as a standard option

as far as the tweaking goes, all i do is download the adblock extention, and get the IMDb search engine add-on and im good to go........

i do agree with FF becoming a resource hog over a couple of days....... it doesnt really bother me that much....... but you might need to restart FF every now and then (if you leave your comp on 24/7, else it aint an issue)

as for media plugins....... so many sites are getting used to there being a new heir to the browser throne that more and more sites offer a "doesnt work, click here to download" and then i just let it open in bsplayer (which is alot better than that other crap microsoft produced, you know..... WMP

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    the thing that pisses me off about IE is that it just collects to much spyware and such........
    firefox doesnt have that, cause most people still use IE........ which (as said before) is a bad idea since it is linked to your OS

busyman: you dont like tweaking FF, but you do like tweaking IE? i mean, i cant remember the last time FF came with tabbed browsing as a standard option

as far as the tweaking goes, all i do is download the adblock extention, and get the IMDb search engine add-on and im good to go........

i do agree with FF becoming a resource hog over a couple of days....... it doesnt really bother me that much....... but you might need to restart FF every now and then (if you leave your comp on 24/7, else it aint an issue)

as for media plugins....... so many sites are getting used to there being a new heir to the browser throne that more and more sites offer a "doesnt work, click here to download" and then i just let it open in bsplayer (which is alot better than that other crap microsoft produced, you know..... WMP
    Well that's the thing.....

I don't have to tweak IE. I added my tabbed browsing and other stuff and don't have to touch it again.
    With FF all I hear is headache (I've used it for about a month and wasn't that impressed).

As far as spyware, I have a spyware blocker for that (except on my work laptop).

Even with WMP i have no problem with except I have to switch to others for Quicktime and Real files.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Poster
    to each their own

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234