Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Firefly is better than Star Wars. Yeah that's right.

i luv u xara
    i got the whole season last night... im currently watching ep.2 and im pretty hooked up... not like i was immediatly hooked up with "lost"... but im getting there...

the girl that plays as the whore ..hmm... "compannion" is preety damn hot... hope she's there the whole season...
    dude!!!
    la cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar...

- JOIN our fold@home team... ... something about genetics n' stuff
    -i just had a pm conversation with MYSELF!!!... ... ...wow... that's sad

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    Retired
    yesterday me watched another 3 episodes

that intro and the guitar sound during the episodes are really cool

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}

why?
    Same reason most shows are canned IKE.

Shit ratings.
    The show never had a chance with the way Fox treated it:

Airing and cancellation

Though the show had a loyal following during its original broadcast, it was cancelled by the Fox Broadcasting Company in December 2002 after only 11 episodes shown in the USA and Canada. Low ratings were blamed for the cancellation; it was also suggested that Whedon's additional responsibilities on Angel after co-creator David Greenwalt's departure from that show was a contributing factor. In the hopes of getting another network such as UPN to pick up the cancelled show, fans formed the 'Firefly Immediate Assistance' campaign, but were technically unsuccessful (though Universal did decide to pick Firefly up as a movie project, see below). Fillion later appeared in the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, while Torres and Baldwin took on recurring roles in Angel. Fans attributed the low ratings in part to actions of the Fox Network. Firefly was promoted as an action-comedy rather than the more serious character study it was intended to be; episodes were occasionally preempted for sporting events, and the episodes were not aired in the order that the creators had intended. Most notably, the two-hour episode Serenity was intended to be the pilot episode, as it contains most of the character introductions and back-story. However, FOX decided that Serenity was not a suitable pilot, and so the second episode, The Train Job, was rushed into production to become the pilot episode. The sequence of episodes aired varied by locality:

In the USA and Canada, starting on September 20, 2002, Fox broadcast the episodes on Fridays at 20:00 (except for the second hour of the pilot which was shown at 21:00). The order was 2-3, 6; 7-8, 4-5, 9; 10, 14, 1; with 11-13 unaired in the USA.
    Having watched it I can not see the logic of showing it out of order. Sounds to me like someone wanted to fuck this show over.

To me this show is another DVD success story like Family Guy, proved so popular that they had to bring it back.
    Last edited by Withcheese; 08-04-2005 at 08:32 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Airing them out of order like that is ridiculous. No wonder the fickle audiences never stuck with it.

I'd have been :bawa: if I hadn't seen the the intended pilot (Serenity) before I watched the series.

A new series would be awesome, has anyone heard if this is likely or not?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Same reason most shows are canned IKE.

Shit ratings.
    The show never had a chance with the way Fox treated it:

Airing and cancellation

Though the show had a loyal following during its original broadcast, it was cancelled by the Fox Broadcasting Company in December 2002 after only 11 episodes shown in the USA and Canada. Low ratings were blamed for the cancellation; it was also suggested that Whedon's additional responsibilities on Angel after co-creator David Greenwalt's departure from that show was a contributing factor. In the hopes of getting another network such as UPN to pick up the cancelled show, fans formed the 'Firefly Immediate Assistance' campaign, but were technically unsuccessful (though Universal did decide to pick Firefly up as a movie project, see below). Fillion later appeared in the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, while Torres and Baldwin took on recurring roles in Angel. Fans attributed the low ratings in part to actions of the Fox Network. Firefly was promoted as an action-comedy rather than the more serious character study it was intended to be; episodes were occasionally preempted for sporting events, and the episodes were not aired in the order that the creators had intended. Most notably, the two-hour episode Serenity was intended to be the pilot episode, as it contains most of the character introductions and back-story. However, FOX decided that Serenity was not a suitable pilot, and so the second episode, The Train Job, was rushed into production to become the pilot episode. The sequence of episodes aired varied by locality:

In the USA and Canada, starting on September 20, 2002, Fox broadcast the episodes on Fridays at 20:00 (except for the second hour of the pilot which was shown at 21:00). The order was 2-3, 6; 7-8, 4-5, 9; 10, 14, 1; with 11-13 unaired in the USA.
    Having watched it I can not see the logic of showing it out of order. Sounds to me like someone wanted to fuck this show over.

To me this show is another DVD success story like Family Guy, proved so popular that they had to bring it back.
    How are the DVD sales?

The worst thing you can to a show is air it on Friday. Even the series was out of order, sci-fi buffs (the intended audience actually) would watch it anyway. Also Fridays already had Stargate, so it went up against another popular sci-fi show that now is in it's 9th season.

Also I can't believe like Andromeda.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-04-2005 at 01:05 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Airing them out of order like that is ridiculous. No wonder the fickle audiences never stuck with it.

I'd have been :bawa: if I hadn't seen the the intended pilot (Serenity) before I watched the series.

A new series would be awesome, has anyone heard if this is likely or not?
    It sounds likely since With said the DVD sales are kicking ass and if the movie does well.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    Retired
    ep. 14 is the imo the best episode.

I wanna see more episodes
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 08-05-2005 at 01:20 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    ep. 14 is the imo the best episode.

I wanna see more episodes
    I know

My favourite is the second episode with Niska - where Mal Reynolds gets captured by him, I think it's called War Stories. Jaynestown is definitely the funniest.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    War Stories would have been perfect if it weren't for the ghey synchronised shooting scene at the end.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345