Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Bill C-38 passes (AKA the gay marriage bill)

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    Politics and Religion should not mix, for example: you cant base a law on Catholic values when there are jews, budists and muslims that live in your country. Its not fair.

better?
    Law has always had roots in religious values. A few of the Ten Commandments have stood up well, in a legal sense, over time. What you're saying may have some merit if you elaborated somewhat and if your statement wasn't so sweeping.

Tho' I can't really think of a pertinent example right now
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think there were probably laws such as not being allowed to kill before the commandments were written. I agree that society has been influenced greatly by religion however I think canuks point is more that we don't want our representatives looking to "god" when deciding on the budget and they shouldn't be looking at books written by man such as the bible when deciding on equal rights.
    Last edited by vidcc; 05-10-2005 at 02:25 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    like penn and teller said on one page in the bible it says you shouldn't kill, on another it says disobedient children should be stoned.

i don't know what that has to do with anything i just thought of it

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Leviticus ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345