Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think are the biggest sellouts, music wise?

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss
    Greenday.
    anyone who advertises their album on tv is a sellout

2. Music   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by I the end I
    Often I think sell-out is confused with maturing artists.
    True.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Music   -   #13
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    Anything like pop, rnb, rap, hip hop.. all sell outs always change so can get more money.
    At least most metal bands can be real.. Nu metal bands are sell outs too. Can't stand fake music!
    Coming Soon!

4. Music   -   #14
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    are limp bizkit sellouts? i remember back in school told me they were but couldn't tell me how, i presume it's because their song was on a hollywood movie.

they just came back with some political RATM clone shit and had an image change so they look like a pub band

5. Music   -   #15
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Boy
    Anything like pop, rnb, rap, hip hop.. all sell outs always change so can get more money.
    At least most metal bands can be real.. Nu metal bands are sell outs too. Can't stand fake music!
    agreed (about the whole rap and r/b thing). even Nu metal, dude, nothing is "real", every artist takes something and plays the fuck out of it example : 50 cent...oh noes he got teh shots 9 timez!111 who teh fuck cares?

Nu-metal wise, LP was good, meteora kinda wasn't great.

The only band I can think of that has outshined and matured the most (that's a good thing...that wouldn't make them sellouts). Slipknot ....best band ever. Vol 3 really shows that they've not only matured from screaming in the mic, but proves to everyone they're not idiots. First time I actually felt something hurt in my chest from llstening to a song (Circle and Danger, Stay Away). Hope their next album will kick just as much ass.

Some ppl disagree and say that Vol3 was a big sell out by slipknot, but a lot more ppl prefer music that has meaning to it and rhythm+balance, vol 3 delivers that. Vol 3 is one big book (i think), from start to stop it's an awesome masterpiece. And those masks....oh god I gotta make one lol.

edit: i also find the best way to release stress is to listen to some of 'knots first albums (MFKR, Iowa and Slipknot)...especially songs like Surfacing, Before I Forget, Duality, Left Behind, hell anything from their old albums. Next time you feel like beating the shit out of someone or you feel way too fucking pissed+stressed, sing along to one of these (older) songs.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 05-28-2005 at 04:05 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Music   -   #16
    the red hot chilli peppers. after being a fan for meny years and seeing them live quite a few times. i was gutted when they did there tour last year as they just didnt make an effort, also there album by the way well the less said the better.
    to much money has made them forget there fans and write crap music latley, that to me is selling out. i feel really let down.if you cant be botherd why do it?

slipnots latest album rocks by the way, was not to keen on the other two, but you can tell that they have taken there time with this album, i loved it.
    Last edited by claire2005; 05-28-2005 at 09:41 AM.

7. Music   -   #17
    SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    Gackt!
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

8. Music   -   #18
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by claire2005
    slipnots latest album rocks by the way, was not to keen on the other two, but you can tell that they have taken there time with this album, i loved it.
    Ya, the whole album (vol3) is a masterpiece, most ppl just associate slipknot with screaming. But this album really proves those assuming bastards wrong lol. I love the tracks on there called Before I Forget, Circle (my favorite, its so beautifully made), and Danger Keep Away.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. Music   -   #19
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Quote Originally Posted by claire2005
    Ya, the whole album (vol3) is a masterpiece, most ppl just associate slipknot with screaming. But this album really proves those assuming bastards wrong lol. I love the tracks on there called Before I Forget, Circle (my favorite, its so beautifully made), and Danger Keep Away.
    Before I forget is pwnage. I havent listened to that album since when I was in florida. Maybe I'll give it a listen in a few.

10. Music   -   #20
    micolithe's Avatar Painfully average.
    Metallica. St. Anger is all the proof you need. It sounds NOTHING like their earlier stuff.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast