Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think are the biggest sellouts, music wise?

pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    its gotta b the rolling stones. all they do is tour and perform to sell out crowds

2. Music   -   #32
    Green Day, no doubt.

3. Music   -   #33
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Britney spears, Pepsi owned her for awhile.

4. Music   -   #34
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    u2

5. Music   -   #35
    Blink 182

6. Music   -   #36
    Naked Nudist
    I say Metallica because they jumped right on the bandwagon to get napster shut down. Man i miss the old days of Napster and Audio Galaxy.

7. Music   -   #37
    I think the biggest sellouts are when artists plug their own previous hits or Mega Corporations in their new ones.
    I remember some good ones.
    Dire Straits... "I want my MTV"
    Sting... "every breath you take..."

8. Music   -   #38
    sell out... eh... you need to be against The Man before you can sell out to him. or have a real artistic vision before you can start compromising it. like. Green Day? they were a pop band, they're still a pop band, they'll always be a pop band. i mean the stuff that was released on Lookout, before they ever had a video on MTV. they were pop, just as the Buzzcocks and the Ramones were pop, playing pop tunes and singing about pop things but only three chords per song. Green Day's formula may be wearing extremely thin, but it's not as if their new stuff is worse than their early stuff, musically & lyrically, or even sounds much different from their early stuff.

biggest sell out. somebody who professed to be against The Man and everything The Man stands for, then traded it all in for easy money & cranking out unchallenging drivel.

maybe not the biggest, it's all arbitrary anyway, but...

Ice Cube, 1990.

man, this dude really hates Cops, Whitey, Women, and The Man. he's possibly one of the angriest rappers of the late 80s & early 90s.

Ice Cube, 2005.

WHAT??? get in a time machine, travel back in time to 1990 and tell Ice Cube's fans that in 2005 he will be starring in movies like "Are We There Yet?" they will be like "WUH TUH FUHHHHHH??? you gotta be kidding." that "We Be Clubbing" stuff was a pretty weak statement, too.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 06-14-2005 at 11:57 PM.

9. Music   -   #39
    leeferdude's Avatar Walking Dumbass
    Aerosmith

10. Music   -   #40
    Anti-Flag, hands down.

Also, Sevendust...not before they signed to a major and were against it or anything but because since they got their last record produced by the same guy Creed uses they lost any original sound they had and sounds just like any other band on the radio; as if the music was mass produced out of molds, which it was.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast