Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: This is what im building check it out!!!!

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier
    SInce im getting a 1 gig of ram how much better would it be to have an extra gig? And also will it cost the same price or is therea different brand with 2 gigs that I can get just for a little bit more?
    Im getting 2 gigs for my rig but I dunno how much better its gonna be from 1 gig. You can never have too much of a good thing , You can buy 2 gigs pairs (1GIGx2). As far as price goes it depends on the brand I guess.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    It depends on what you want to do with your PC.

1 gig is more than enough for what most people will use now but who knows what the future holds. What will happen in the next few years with software? I'm not sure. Perhaps it would be best to buy what you need and then buy more if more is needed in the future.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier
    SInce im getting a 1 gig of ram how much better would it be to have an extra gig? And also will it cost the same price or is therea different brand with 2 gigs that I can get just for a little bit more?
    Im getting 2 gigs for my rig but I dunno how much better its gonna be from 1 gig. You can never have too much of a good thing , You can buy 2 gigs pairs (1GIGx2). As far as price goes it depends on the brand I guess.
    I'm not sure two GB is a good idea.
    I thought the same as you guys when I last upgraded and bought 4x512MB.

Unfortunately, my Gigabyte board ( and possibly all nForce4 chipsets) will not run these at 1T timings.
    I want to try 2x1GB and see if that works, but 1GB RAM is not commonly available with the tight timings I would prefer, so there may be a big performance hit by doing so.
    I have some mid-grade Geil that I can try...one of these days I'll get around to it.

Prolly 1GB will do you just fine...as already noted, you can always add more if necessary.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456