Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My CD burns always seem to mess up

hmmm first off this doesn't sound so great " do my writer makes some funky noises and makes Nero error, wheater this has a link I dont know."Maybe time to upgrade to a dvd burner...first thing to check go into device manager ...ide controllers...advanced settings..and check if DMA is enabled for the primary and secondary..Second thing to check is aspi layer using Nero info tool...the firmware upgrade is a good idea (but be carefull)...I would also suggest you not multi task while burning.Buy good quality media.The hell with it don't be so cheap spend 60$ and get a dvd burner its cheaper in the long run,with the price of dvd's becoming so cheap.damn just realized nero info tool also tells you if dma is enabled under the configuration tab.Just for a laugh google " dvd burn scan test results"People can become fanatic about getting the perfect burn
    Last edited by accat13; 06-01-2005 at 01:01 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by accat13
    hmmm first off this doesn't sound so great " do my writer makes some funky noises and makes Nero error, wheater this has a link I dont know."Maybe time to upgrade to a dvd burner...first thing to check go into device manager ...ide controllers...advanced settings..and check if DMA is enabled for the primary and secondary..Second thing to check is aspi layer using Nero info tool...the firmware upgrade is a good idea (but be carefull)...I would also suggest you not multi task while burning.Buy good quality media.The hell with it don't be so cheap spend 60$ and get a dvd burner its cheaper in the long run,with the price of dvd's becoming so cheap.
    yeah Ive done it all already, my PC is fully updated all the time and the setting are sweet as a nut.

Basically, my...writer...is...fucked and Im going to buy a DVD writer soon.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    just get a nec, its the best and cheap

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    2 points:

Why didn't you tell us the make/model of the CD burner?

Why did you post in Software instead of Hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by TFFTn
    ... surely this has to be some kind of hardware problem

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    2 points:

Why didn't you tell us the make/model of the CD burner?

Why did you post in Software instead of Hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by TFFTn
    ... surely this has to be some kind of hardware problem
    Well first of all Im pretty sure that name of the writer isent that important

And secondly when i first posted about this problem I was quite sure it was a software problem so thats why I posted here.

Any more questions

EDIT - you have used a quote from the 3rd post from me in this thread...
    Last edited by TFFTn; 06-01-2005 at 02:23 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    A make/model is important. It would let us know what we're talking about and maybe we could find firmware for it.

EDIT - you have used a quote from the 3rd post from me in this thread...
    What's your point?
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 06-01-2005 at 02:50 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    A make/model is important. It would let us know what we're talking about and maybe we could find firmware for it.
    OK virtual Ill keep it in mind next time

SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B and ive tried to use the firmware from here

http://www.samsung-odd.com/eng/

Doesent seem to work.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    How did I guess it was going to be a Samsung Combo drive. They are all a POS as far as I can see. This sounds almost exactly the problem my brother had with a Samsung combo, different model though.

Even if Samsung know about this as a recurring problem you will be lucky if they bother making a fix for it. They seem to take the view that you bought it so it is your problem, if you didn't want a POS you shouldn't have bought one.

If it is more that 12 months old, just bin it and get a dvd burner.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    well if you want to have a look at the firmware here it seems like you have nothing to loose http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.ph...&manufactor=28 check out the site for further info...they have a forum...
    Last edited by accat13; 06-02-2005 at 09:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12