Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best graphics card i can get for a APG x4 motherboard?

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    What do u guys think, i just want to give a performance boost, to hold off buying a new comp for a month or 2.
    If it's only for a month or 2 the you're better to save the money and put it towards the new PC. Just run it the way it is now for a month or 2.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    What do u guys think, i just want to give a performance boost, to hold off buying a new comp for a month or 2.
    If it's only for a month or 2 the you're better to save the money and put it towards the new PC. Just run it the way it is now for a month or 2.
    I agree.
    Oh boy, yes.

That machine has already lasted for what...30 or 40 years?, so what's the big deal if you wait another month or two?

The kindest "performance boost" you could give that PC would be over the nearest cliff.
    Last edited by clocker; 06-08-2005 at 01:39 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If you are determined to get a new card, how about a geforce 6200 or a radeon 9550 or 9250?

They are very cheap, and while they aren't anywhere near being top performers they'll be all right for a little bit. As you wait for money to buy a new system or so.

You need to make sure they are keyed right though, so you should try and get them locally. That way you can have a look at the exact card you are getting, before you get it.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-08-2005 at 02:02 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Alrite, i plan on applying for a job soon anyway (8.00 a hour ) so i should have the money to start building a new pc at the end of the summer

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Alrite, i plan on applying for a job soon anyway (8.00 a hour ) so i should have the money to start building a new pc at the end of the summer
    Where do you plan on buying all the hardware from?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12