Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions For FST

MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati

Unfortunately Reality, I have to disagree.

I have no problem with news being moderated beforehand - It does provide submitted articles to be given a second opinion on being worth posting, and also gives a proof-read. I count at least half a dozen errors being corrected by mods (mostly you & Ross ).

But to be honest, a few things need to be done to the news system before it can be classed as something that many members can do:
    We arent thinking or have the intention of letting anyone post in the section without those that have it handled per say. I have already pointed out anything you may not known in pms and I havent had to touch anything youve done in the last several posts that Ive come across in moderation of yours so it is a waste of time as News is just that and should be presented as quickly as possible I think. The fact is even if someones post are lifted from the need for moderation we will still check it anyway just in case...
    Why don't you just put Illuminati in charge of the News section anyhow? Ie take off the moderation thing. He seems to be doing a good job by all accounts. Give him his own user group like Gepperankins has for FST Radio.

No need to call it "Forum Contributor" (which sucks and implies others don't contribute) but call him FST News Guy or something.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-07-2005 at 04:42 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Has GepperRankins ever done a show?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Why don't you just put Illuminati in charge of the News section anyhow? Ie take off the moderation thing. He seems to be doing a good job by all accounts. Give him his own user group like Gepperankins has for FST Radio.

No need to call it "Forum Contributor" (which sucks and implies others don't contribute) but call him FST News Guy or something.
    I think thats kinda the whole thought here. Good to see your catching on. Point is if more than just one member are up to it then that would be even better thus the need for a group makes much more sence. As for the name maybe you have a better one as Im open to suggestions I guess although I dont think it actually suggest that others dont contribute as thats a bit defensive or even foolish way of thinking perhaps...

@DanB Well I guess you didnt think any of that was off topic which I politely asked to be avoided up front.
    Last edited by RealitY; 06-07-2005 at 04:51 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

I think thats kinda the whole thought here. Good to see your catching on.
    Well that's just hit me across the face like a wet trout

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35

I think thats kinda the whole thought here. Good to see your catching on. Pointis if more than jus him are up to it then that would be even better thus the need for a group makes much more sence...
    My point was that if you want to have people as "contributors" then give them an actual task and have their usergroup name represent that.

Ie if Illumanati is in charge of submitting news then he'd be "FST New Guy"

Gepperankins is "FST Radio Guy" as he does the radio.

Other titles can be given if they are actually needed. I can't think of any myself though, is there actually anything else?

Having a blanket group doesn't really define what these people are contributing and in fact is insulting to the rest of the membership. I think fewer people will have problems with people being given "jobs" and titles to match these "jobs".

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    I think thats kinda the whole thought here. Good to see your catching on.
    Well that's just hit me across the face like a wet trout

Was I right in thinking that Reality was being condescending to moi?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Has GepperRankins ever done a show?
    no.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Not exactly - A little but I'm not getting into that argument

I meant the News Guy thing, being in charge of the news thing. Guess it makes sense, seeing as I've been PMing Ross about ideas for improving the news system anyway. However, being suggested to be the guy who manages the news stuff is a little surprising, considering I only started with the news a short while ago.

If it's absolutely necessary to make me it, get it agreed upon via public poll. The last time I was an "official" something here, I was in Gepper's job and ended up becoming arguably the most hated guy here Don't want to end up making the same mistakes again.
    Last edited by Illuminati; 06-07-2005 at 05:00 PM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

@DanB Well I guess you didnt think any of that was off topic which I politely asked to be avoided up front.
    Not really, disagreeing doesn't equal off topic.

Admittedly I think I made an off topic post regarding an elite 13k club

Anyway disagreeing seems to have done us some good because it seems we have maybe honed the idea a little now

@ IKE, oh right
    Last edited by DanB; 06-07-2005 at 05:02 PM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Not exactly - A little but I'm not getting into that argument

I meant the News Guy thing, being in charge of the news thing. Guess it makes sense, seeing as I've been PMing Ross about ideas for improving the news system anyway. However, being suggested to be the guy who manages the news stuff is a little surprising, considering I only started with the news a short while ago.

If it's absolutely necessary to make me it, get it agreed upon via public poll. The last time I was an "official" something here, I was in Gepper's job and ended up becoming arguably the most hated guy here Don't want to end up making the same mistakes again.

You know you want to really. If the mods think you're doing a good job, which they seem to then they should let you carry ot on with a few less restrictions (ie the moderation thing).

And as you have ideas for further improvements you seem the best man for the job. Got my vote, even above the awesomeness of Bawa.

Illumanati = FST News Guy.*

*But let us think of a better title.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-07-2005 at 05:04 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast