Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best NZB Site?

Used to use newzbin but retention has not been on par since their last untimely demise. NZBMatrix is a personal favorite - the layout and functionality is pristine...
    Digital World...You can't handle the Digital World! What did your Mom buy you a PUTER for Christmas!
    http://usenetgeeks.com

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Usenet Dinosaur
    I use nzbs.org a lot. It's set up more like a tracker the others I've seen, which I enjoy.

Update: I found another site that is set up in a similar fashion to nzbs.org but with open registrations (nzbs.org's registration is closed atm). The site is nzb.su
    Last edited by Radon0r; 01-14-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added info

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Radon0r View Post
    I use nzbs.org a lot. It's set up more like a tracker the others I've seen, which I enjoy.

Update: I found another site that is set up in a similar fashion to nzbs.org but with open registrations (nzbs.org's registration is closed atm). The site is nzb.su
    Does anyone know how often nzbs.org purge inactives? They haven't been open for registrations since I've begun using usenet and I haven't been able to find them on irc and emails seem to fall on deaf ears. Anyone have the good oil?
    It is always something.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    If you can't get into nzbs.org then I would take a look at nzbs.su. They're both built from the same source and the interface looks nearly identical - only *.su has a SABconnect while *.org doesn't.

The trouble with these types of sites is they index all posts whether they're shit of not.

I can't remember what the source was called, SOL posted it a while ago.

EDIT: Here: http://www.newznab.com/
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 02-13-2011 at 04:55 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Poster
    Thanks for that. A quick look at newznab looks promising.
    It is always something.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    if newznab had features mysterbin has then it would be promising.. imho

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    newsgroupie
    Wow, that was quite a bump.

Leave it to a spam bot to dig up a 6-year-old thread. (Are all the moderators asleep these days? )

But since everyone else has already jumped onboard, I'll toss in my 2¢ as well ....

There are essentially three distinct types of "NZB sites" -

1. 'raw' search engines (Binsearch) that contain everything posted to usenet binary groups.
    2. auto-indexers (NZBs.org & anything Newznab) that auto-aggregate files based on a formula.
    3. manual-indexers (FST, NZBmatrix) where users can upload their own NZBs.

There are plans to re-open nzbs.org again soon, after the site moves to another server. But for those not wanting to wait, another auto-indexing site that uses newznab is http://www.nzbhq.com The Newsflash Plus client also has a Newznab section.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    http://nzb-forum.com is ace by far my favourite
    Bullshit. That site is crap, and only its original founder could think otherwise.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    Wow, that was quite a bump.

Leave it to a spam bot to dig up a 6-year-old thread. (Are all the moderators asleep these days? )
    Yeah so? A lot of indexers have went down since 2005 and people are still looking for a new home.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    newsgroupie
    ... which might be one reason why exhuming such an ancient discussion -quite possibly filled with dead links and obsolete info- is generally not a recommended course of action.

I could be wrong, but I'll assume that most people here are downloaders, not historians.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast