Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best NZB Site?

Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by industrialpunk View Post
    nzbs.org is, from what I hear, as good/full featured as matrix, but free.
    From what you hear??? Why do you claim you heared about nzbs.org when you are a member, or is it a massive coincidence someone with your exact username has been there for 500+ days, posting on the nzbs.org's forum and having downloaded a shitload of nzb's?

Nzbs.org is fine for scene releases. But when it comes to, for example, full untouched Blu-ray discs, you won't find them on nzbs.org, while on matrix there's a shitload of them.

I'm in no way a matrix-fanboy, but nzbs.org isn't the ultimate nzb-site. It's good for scene-releases, but that's about it.
    Excuse my poor choice of words. I should have written "nzbs.org is (from what I hear of matrix) as good/full featured, but free..." I never dl full blurays, but if I did that's good to know about matrix. In those cases I probably would have just used binsearch. And maybe it is just a coincidence about the username... I only download free books and linux isos
    Last edited by industrialpunk; 03-02-2011 at 06:07 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #42
    Lost Soul
    When push comes to shove there is only about 4/5 sites worth joining which i listed before. Each have there strong points and weakness's but the 5 i listed are very good at listing nzb be it automated or manually added. nzb.org i agree is not the ultimate and can be slow in updating for an automated system, i found movies and games new releases this past few days on merlins portal and matrix for example that didn't appear on nzb.org for over an hour. All said and done each and everyone of us is different and each and everyone of us has our on preference and method for retrieving nzb and whatever each and everyone of us is comfortable with certain systems. Think its harse to be a critic of a top site because it has a weakness in one area and people should bare this in mind. We are all different with different needs and wants and prefer different things and different sites for example i love merlins portal and FST but can't stand matrix or nzb.org as there is not enough care taken to help members but i am an individual with my own opinion which differs from yours and the next man and the next man.

My top 5 must join again incase u missed it

NZB sites must join

www.nzbmatrix.com (small one-time fee)
    www.merlins-portal.net (free)
    www.filesharingtalk.com (free)
    www.kleverig.nl (XXX free)
    www.newzbin.com (subscription)

3. Newsgroups   -   #43
    Usenet Dinosaur
    From what you hear??? Why do you claim you heared about nzbs.org when you are a member, or is it a massive coincidence someone with your exact username has been there for 500+ days, posting on the nzbs.org's forum and having downloaded a shitload of nzb's?

Nzbs.org is fine for scene releases. But when it comes to, for example, full untouched Blu-ray discs, you won't find them on nzbs.org, while on matrix there's a shitload of them.
    He did say that NZBs.org along with binsearch was pretty much all he needs, which is pretty much what I use as well. I think you'd be able to find full blurays or most anything else non-scene on binsearch, NZBIndex, etc. just fine, but browsing for them specifically is probably easier at matrix I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by industrialpunk View Post
    Excuse my poor choice of words. I should have written "nzbs.org is (from what I hear of matrix) as good/full featured, but free..."
    I thought the same thing as Disme when I first read it, and I did see a similarly named individual in their forums, but I deciphered it eventually. =)

Great summation of the NZBs.org's good points btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Oddly, that same community you talk about, is the same that draws many people away from torrenting.

4. Newsgroups   -   #44
    find full blurays or most anything else non-scene on binsearch, NZBIndex, etc. just fine, but browsing for them specifically is probably easier at matrix I guess.
    matrix doesnt have shitloads of blurays that can be found all via abhdtv.net...+their exclusive releases

5. Newsgroups   -   #45
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    find full blurays or most anything else non-scene on binsearch, NZBIndex, etc. just fine, but browsing for them specifically is probably easier at matrix I guess.
    matrix doesnt have shitloads of blurays that can be found all via abhdtv.net...+their exclusive releases
    I meant that matrix has a shitload of BR's compared with nzbs.org where there are none.

Are you speaking about 'abhdtv.net', where you have to pay 20$/year to get access to the full forum?
    Last edited by Disme; 03-04-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. Newsgroups   -   #46
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

I'm in no way a matrix-fanboy, but nzbs.org isn't the ultimate nzb-site. It's good for scene-releases, but that's about it.
    Meh, I thought nzbs.org was useful for more than just finding scene releases(something you can find anywhere). Thanks for that info. I won't be keeping my eye out for their open signups anymore.

7. Newsgroups   -   #47
    Are you speaking about 'abhdtv.net', where you have to pay 20$/year to get access to the full forum?
    Yep. Its worth it.
    Besides.... whats $20\year? Nothing.

8. Newsgroups   -   #48
    newsgroupie
    I'd have to say that an auto-index such as NZBs.org would be very helpful for a new usenet downloader, but a lot less useful for an experienced -- and technically-minded -- NZB user.

An auto-indexer like NZBs.org does not find anything you could not find yourself on any raw search engine like Binsearch or NZBindex -- if you knew what to look for.

NZBs.org just filters out all the crap (as well as a lot of valid releases) and extracts and indexes a set of posts matching a defined criteria, thereby delivering primarily scene releases.

I don't often use nzbs.org, primarily for 2 reasons:

*because when looking for a rare release, most of the things I've been looking for were not indexed by the site.

*because when looking for a common release, I'd rather see the entire range of releases, so I can select exactly which one I want, rather than just the ones NZBs.org picks out.

9. Newsgroups   -   #49
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    ^^^ Experienced users don't need indexers .
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Newsgroups   -   #50
    www.nzbtv.com is a new good nzb site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast