Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another stupid question from 3Lions...

nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    For cleaning dust of fans etc you could also steal a make-up brush from your wife/daughter/mother/grandma. Works like a charm (the soft ones of course).
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia
    For cleaning dust of fans etc you could also steal a make-up brush from your wife/daughter/mother/grandma. Works like a charm (the soft ones of course).
    Yes, never steal make-up brushes from the hard ones, they are likely to beat you up.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    also, use something like a paper clip or pencil to hold your fans still while you blast them with air. Its generally not a good idea to let the canned air spin your fans, as it may spin them faster than they are supposed to, and could wear them out quickly.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia
    Yes, never steal make-up brushes from the hard ones, they are likely to beat you up.
    Depends on what hobby you have :-)
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    i just found out that a q-tip is foreign for cotten bud

you learn something new everyday

go google!

And I thought they were just for your ears ! I use a vacuum attachment with the soft brush. After turning off the computer first . That can air just blows shit around and sprays wet if you shake or hold in upside down. I liked the post about the leaf blower .
    In my experience you pick up a lot of static electricity when vacuuming with a brush, I wouldn't use it near my mobo. Maybe that's just something that happens with some vacuum cleaners or something, though.

I think they even make some of those air-cans for electronics, never seen one go wet myself Haven't really used those much myself, though. But an air-can is the best I can think of if the cleaning that needs doing is serious.

The very best thing, if you can still keep your temps down, are dust-filters on the case. That way you don't need to worry about dust in your case in the first place. But you do need to keep the filters clean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12