Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: Is it in the Genes?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    That's all hormones, and men have other such phases which affect what they are attracted to, I think, but it's more age-related, I reckon.
    Leave me alone. It was just a face phase I was going through.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #142
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    It's hardly recent at all. That theory, and others like it have been around for several decades at the very least

And btw, on the subject of attraction: I hear women go through different phases with regards what they are attracted too.

When ovulating, or somesuch, they prefer men with more feminine traits, possibly increasingly so when pregnant and when they've born their child, until the point when their nipples don't lactate any more.

That's all hormones, and men have other such phases which affect what they are attracted to, I think, but it's more age-related, I reckon.
    Did you say theory? Oh mmk.

Regarding attraction, I hear many women wanting to fuck more during ovulation. Maybe what you heard is fact too....or is it theory?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #143
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    It's hardly recent at all. That theory, and others like it have been around for several decades at the very least

And btw, on the subject of attraction: I hear women go through different phases with regards what they are attracted too.

When ovulating, or somesuch, they prefer men with more feminine traits, possibly increasingly so when pregnant and when they've born their child, until the point when their nipples don't lactate any more.

Regarding attraction, I hear many women wanting to fuck more during ovulation. Maybe what you heard is fact too....or is it theory?
    No they want to do it two months after the baby is born. It's known as thermidor, the eleventh month, also known as the month of heat (well it was in the French revolutionary calender, apparentement)

4. The Drawing Room   -   #144
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    @busy: It's supposedly a fact, as it has been proven empirically, more or less, but there are still some kinks to iron out I reckon, which is why I'm calling it a theory.

Incomplete research might be a better way to name it then, as they have yet to find out exactly what pheromones accomplish what, and so forth.

WRT ovulation, the test I know of was performed by showing groups of women in various phases of their menstrual cycle a series of pictures or stages of a male face slowly being morphed into a female face (cunningly done on a computer).

It might have been those women who had just gone past ovulating though, it could be that those just about to picked the more male face, now that I think about it.

It's been a while since I read about it.

At any rate the theory, which was based on the fact that women really do pick people with different traits depending on where in the cycle they currently are, is that it's to do with picking a partner with better genes (more male-looking apparently) versus picking a partner who will take care of you better (mor female, again apparently).
    Last edited by Snee; 06-30-2005 at 07:47 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #145
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Its all hormones etc..

Changing the Pill they're on can change what attracts them.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #146
    @busy: It's supposedly a fact, as it has been proven empirically, more or less, but there are still some kinks to iron out I reckon, which is why I'm calling it a theory.

Incomplete research might be a better way to name it then, as they have yet to find out exactly what pheromones accomplish what, and so forth.

WRT ovulation, the test I know of was performed by showing groups of women in various phases of their menstrual cycle a series of pictures or stages of a male face slowly being morphed into a female face (cunningly done on a computer).

It might have been those women who had just gone past ovulating though, it could be that those just about to picked the more male face, now that I think about it.

It's been a while since I read about it.

At any rate the theory, which was based on the fact that women really do pick people with different traits depending on where in the cycle they currently are, is that it's to do with picking a partner with better genes (more male-looking apparently) versus picking a partner who will take care of you better (mor female, again apparently).
    So theory then. Cool.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #147
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

No they want to do it two months after the baby is born. It's known as thermidor, the eleventh month, also known as the month of heat (well it was in the French revolutionary calender, apparentement)
    They only want it two months after the baby is born? That sucks.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #148
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

They only want it two months after the baby is born? That sucks.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415