Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I agree

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I recently started a thread which was quite obviously proper to "Everything related to this board."

There was nothing in my post which broke any forum rule, in my opinion. It related to how the board operated.

It appears to have been deleted. I am at a loss to understand why. Having said that, I have had my whole history on this forum deleted, so this is small potatoes.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

Yes, there is. Because if we have a complaint about it, if we feel our post is on-topic and that you are being unfair we need to know who to engage to make a complaint.
    Rule. 13
    So really, you should agree with my idea that I posted in my previous post. You should at least let people know in the thread that you have deleted stuff so they know which mod to contact if they disagree. Straight away the onus is on them to contact the moderator via PM to question the decision.

If you just delete and say nothing you're really just asking for unpleasant public posts.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-16-2005 at 11:19 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Sparsely's post was still there after you'd deleted mine, and imartin's post was a comment about ot-posts so it stands to reason that one would be removed.

But to correct myself then, since I guess I don'y know what you did the rest of the day in retrospect, mine was the only post that had gone missing, when I looked, that was a reply to someone else in the thread yesterday, that I noticed, and you hadn't touched sparsely's post if you hadn't been trying to cover your ass.
    Your post was removed first yes, then right after that I removed 4 more.
    Two more of them mine, complaining about what you did, yeah.

And like I said, that was after I started complaining.

Just tell people you did it, when you do it, this isn't the first time you've deleted posts of mine without telling anyone, I had two other mods looking for my posts another time, after you'd gone and been helpful.

And if you are going to delete ot stuff, then you'd better start deleting every silly little thing in order to be fair.

As it is you haven't deleted everything, and nor should you.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-16-2005 at 11:23 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

So really, you should agree with my idea that I posted in my previous post. You should at least let people know in the thread that you have deleted stuff so they know which mod to contact if they disagree. Straight away the onus is on them to contact the moderator via PM to question the decision.

If you just delete and say nothing you're really asking for unpleasant public posts.

I did post that kind of replies and I did send PM like that in the past but it didnt seem to stop the off-topic posting. The last couple of weeks i've been removing 100's off-topic posts al over the forum.
    I sometimes still send such PM to people who's post have never been removed. But to keep sending everyone everytime a PM that would take to much time. if people just follow the rules it would be easier for everyone

I will use your "Sorry guys I've deleted a few posts that were off-topic, please try to stay on-topic. If you have an issue with this then please PM me." line next time

I will ask Ross if it's possible to create or add a script that auto sends a PM when someones post is removed.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-16-2005 at 11:32 PM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    People who've been around on the forum for a while surely deserve as much respect as new recruits to the forum. Politeness doesn't cost anything and a PM (even a copy/pasted PM) is surely required, at the very least, if someone takes it upon themselves to censor someone else.

All the rubbish about not having time to PM is just that. If you've time to delete a post, you've time to PM the person too. Otherwise it's lazy and plain rude.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I will ask Ross if it's possible to create or add a script that auto sends a PM when someones post is removed.

Kinda like the unsmiling McDonalds worker saying 'have a nice day' when really he couldn't give a shit. How hard is it to send a PM. It may make mods - who contrary to popular belief are not infallible - think about the validity of the deletion.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    there should be just one rule: question a mod = bannage.

no more one-offs because you didn't know or pushing the rules. in fact make it a rule to ban one person every week, even if the worst they did was type "sry" instead of "sorry" when you moderate them for having an 8 letter name.

the fear of god never did anyone any harm.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ht=pm+deletion
    Who thinks that would be a good idea?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ht=pm+deletion
    Who thinks that would be a good idea?
    I still think it's lazy modding.

However, it's better than nowt. Thanks

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Actually, it doesn't tell you the mod who deleted your post. So it's pretty pointless.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast