Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I agree

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    I don't see whatthe problem is with pm'ing people when you remove a post of thiers. I mean wtf, its common decency.

You want to be treated with the respect you think you deserve, then treat us with the respect we think we deserve
    And I don't see what the problem is pm'ing the Team with problems. I mean wtf, its common decency.

You want to be treated with the respect you think you deserve, then treat us with the respect we think we deserve
    Well done for quoting my post back to me

Why should the onus be on the member though when its the team member deleting the post?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Rob, I can't speak for everyone else, but I certainly didn't post anything just to try and see how far I could go in the thread in question.

If someone has, willfully, been doing that, and you are sure of it, then that's another thing entirely.

And as for pm:ing anybody, I tried that twice in the past when threads of mine went missing, and the mods I asked to find out came back, only being able to tell me that it was probably <insert whoever (possibly) did it>, that felt like a fairly pointless exercise.

Hell, the only time I was ever on moderation no one told me who put me on it, (Although I have a fairly good idea of who and why, 'cos I'd been a bad boy )
    I assure you I'm not accusing you of doing it willfully, but its been a trend lately, and needs to stop. There has been a focus on the games section lately, even resulting in moderation periods for some, buts its becoming a trend all over the board. Please, we are accountable for our actions with the rest of the team. When there is a serious problem with any action taken, it does come up. The Mod/Admin team are not robots. we all do the best we can and make decisions as best we can. We were all asked to do this job based on who we were, and our ability to do it. It doesn't mean we all agree all the time, but are able to work things out amongst each other. Attacking individual team members needs to come to an end also. I cannot think of many boards that would allow even a topic such as this to begin with. I see people want pm's when their topic/posts are deleted, but how many of thosw who want it actually send Pm's to the team before starting topics such as these ?
    Like I said, in my earlier experiences there was no point in picking a team-member at random to pm, 'cos they didn't know who did it anyway.

This reaction isn't a sudden one, it's been building up to this for quite some time for me.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-17-2005 at 10:24 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Retired
    Like I said, in my earlier experiences there was no point in picking a team-member at random to pm, 'cos they didn't know who did it anyway.
    Create a thread in the report section, this way all teammembers can read it and the one who removed your reply will post a comment or reason.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-17-2005 at 10:42 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

I assure you I'm not accusing you of doing it willfully, but its been a trend lately, and needs to stop. There has been a focus on the games section lately, even resulting in moderation periods for some, buts its becoming a trend all over the board. Please, we are accountable for our actions with the rest of the team. When there is a serious problem with any action taken, it does come up. The Mod/Admin team are not robots. we all do the best we can and make decisions as best we can. We were all asked to do this job based on who we were, and our ability to do it. It doesn't mean we all agree all the time, but are able to work things out amongst each other. Attacking individual team members needs to come to an end also. I cannot think of many boards that would allow even a topic such as this to begin with. I see people want pm's when their topic/posts are deleted, but how many of thosw who want it actually send Pm's to the team before starting topics such as these ?

This reaction isn't a sudden one, it's been building up to this for quite some time for me.
    If you think you know who did it you can PM them, if you have no idea you can use the report section... All mods see that.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Why should the onus be on the member though when its the team member deleting the post?
    If the same logic could be used by moderators it would look like:

Why should the onus be on the moderator though when its the member who posted poorly?

It all makes no sense.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234

Why should the onus be on the moderator though when its the member who posted poorly?

It all makes no sense.
    With power comes responsibility

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Create a thread in the report section, this way all teammembers can read it and the one who removed your reply will post a comment or reason.
    No. You should just sign off in the thread if you delete any offending posts. That way a person can just cut out the whole middle-man and PM the moderator who deleted the post directly if they feel they have been wronged. Also, other people will realise that this sort of thing is not tolerated.

Why are you so averse to admitting that you have taken action? Most other boards I inhabit are more strict but they will always tell you when they have taken action. How hard is it to make a simple post saying, "Sorry guys I've had to delete a few posts because they were off-topic. Please PM me with any questions"?

Stop being lazy, stop hiding behind rules. Or stop being a moderator, it's not as if we need as many of you guys as we seem to have.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    No. You should just sign off in the thread if you delete any offending posts. That way a person can just cut out the whole middle-man and PM the moderator who deleted the post directly if they feel they have been wronged. Also, other people will realise that this sort of thing is not tolerated.

Why are you so averse to admitting that you have taken action? Most other boards I inhabit are more strict but they will always tell you when they have taken action. How hard is it to make a simple post saying, "Sorry guys I've had to delete a few posts because they were off-topic. Please PM me with any questions"?

Stop being lazy, stop hiding behind rules. Or stop being a moderator, it's not as if we need as many of you guys as we seem to have.
    We (I) dont hide behind rules. we (I) follow them. (a thing some of you dont)

I still dont see the point in sending a PM when I delete a completely useless reply.
    We are talking about 2 sections this section and the games section. As you can see both have a sticky saying off-topic replies WILL be removed or moved to the lounge. we dont remove ALL off-topic replies sometimes a thread just goes off-topic but still remains a serious thread.

and I'm not lazy, you must have no idea how much time I have spent here trying to improve this forum/website.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 06-17-2005 at 11:15 PM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234

It all makes no sense.
    With power comes responsibility
    Members have responsability too.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

We (I) dont hide behind rules. we (I) follow them. (a thing some of you dont)

I still dont see the point in sending a PM when I delete a completely useless reply.
    We are talking about 2 sections this section and the games section. As you can see both have a sticky saying off-topic replies WILL be removed or moved to the lounge. we dont remove ALL off-topic replies sometimes a thread just goes off-topic but still remains a serious thread.

and I'm not lazy, you must have no idea how many time I have spent here trying to improve this forum/website.

See the other day you deleted one of my posts when I pointed out that you should re-open the Michael Jackson thread in the lounge to keep off-topic comments out of the Boring Tomb thread. Now the fact that you re-opened that thread suggests that my idea was useful. So why the deletion? Turns out it was a useful suggestion to something you posted in that thread. I'm sure other people can argue similary against deletions of their posts.

If you think it's a useless post fine enough, but at least give a person a chance to defend themselves by admitting to a deletion in the thread. Also, if they continue bad form (by your standards) they will have been given ample public warnings.

And if you don't want people to think that you are lazy then you should really jump at the chance of proving it by the insertion of a few posts indicating that you are doing your job. By saying you have deleted a post you are also saying "Hey, look at me! I'm doing my job!"
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-17-2005 at 11:18 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast