Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FAST Bit torrent sites?

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by malyo
    Quote Originally Posted by madden player
    ummm... For the guy asking about the ET replacement, it's not as good as you think. Maybe it'll get better though.
    So which is the ET replacement? And what is IMO?
    imo= in my opinion.

check the sticky thread for other torrentsites.

privates sites like FileList and TorrentBytes are the best alternatives

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I will not give out the link to the ET replacement, but I have had to create accounts on all the sites mentioned here due to ET going down. The new ET I have gotten 600 k DL, Filelist is my second one, but I havn't gotten really any speeds over 100 on that one yet.

And yes, by Torrent sites, I mean the community. its all the same to me. I just want to know which sites can give me 100+ consistantly. Torrentbytes is the only one I can't seem to get registered on, it stays locked 24/7.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    File mp3 maxes my DL speed and its constant. That site so fucking fast.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Generally, most private/invite sites have fast torrents ..

Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    check the sticky thread for other torrentsites.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t89539.html ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Private trackers have a limited selection, but very fast speeds. Public trackers have a very wide selection, and slow to moderate speeds.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I find that Private sites are best by far because you have more people seeding than you would at a public site. When your done downloading your torrent you seed it to keep your ratio in good standing.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by malyo
    ummm... For the guy asking about the ET replacement, it's not as good as you think. Maybe it'll get better though.
    So which is the ET replacement? And what is IMO?

Speed depends on tracker? Hell YES! Mathematically it only depends on the peers' speeds, but if the torrent has 500 peers it is always faster than one with 5 peers. And there were trackeres like TorrenrBits.org and ET on which you could get 100kB/s+++ on ANY torrent. To be more exact it depends on the community and not on the tracker but it is all the same if you want to call ET a community or a tracker.
    A tracker is the place you download the torrent file from and keeps a track of, among other things, your site specific upload/download ratio by receiving data from your BT client. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the speed at which you get the file and is an entirely different thing from the community that uses the tracker.

As you rightly go on to say, the speed is all to do with the seeder:leecher ratio for that particular file.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    if you upload more you won't have them wait times
    yeah, but it's hard to upload if noone is dl'ing...(usually after 20h there are only few leechers)

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by leciak
    if you upload more you won't have them wait times
    yeah, but it's hard to upload if noone is dl'ing...(usually after 20h there are only few leechers)

I mean you could upload a torrent that the peeps in your community might like. Uploading torrents is great for the ratio. ... Maybe even upload a request now and then.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    I don't see what makes private trackers so great. I just joined Pisexy and TorrentLeech two days ago, and I'm still using TorrentSpy!

Pisexy and TorrentLeech never have what I'm looking for, and whenever they do, they make me wait 10-20 hours. On top of that, you have to keep a good share ratio, otherwise you get banned. My ratio at TorrentLeech sucks (still havn't found anything good to download off Pisexy), thats because after its done, while I'm seeding, no one is downloading! My upload was going at 5kb/sec while I was seeding it. Then I had to go, I don't leave my computer on 24/7.

Infact, I'm downloading a torrent from TorrentSpy right now.

EDIT: If your wondering, I was looking for an episode of "Fire me Please." Pisexy doesn't have it, and to get it off TorrentLeech I have to wait 23 hours! I'm downloading it off TorrentSpy and it'll be done much sooner than that.
    its just matter of reaching 10Gb target(wait time will go) then its way easy to upload at full length. upload speed r mostly used when a file is recenlty added so its lil bit hard to get 10gb target.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast