Thread: Stealth

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by james_bond_rulez
    ok watched the movie, sucked ass

stupid american ego movie

what a waste of time
    What's an American ego movie?
    Ya know. Like in U571 where the movie makers play to a (predominantly American) audience's ego or their sense of national pride.

In that movie they recounted the tale of when a UK submarine crew captured the Enigma machine - except the UK crewmen were depicted as Americans.

That's an American ego movie. I duno if Stealth is since I haven't seen it - nor am I likely to.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier
    Quote Originally Posted by james_bond_rulez
    ok watched the movie, sucked ass

stupid american ego movie

what a waste of time

Ohhhhh I just love racism How about keeping those type of comments to your self. Instead of saying "Stupid American Movie" How about explaining why it was stupid.
    How did I do in the post above?

Does that meet your strict criteria. U571 was a stupid American movie.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    You guys should see "three kings" now thats an american ego movie.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    What's an American ego movie?
    Ya know. Like in U571 where the movie makers play to a (predominantly American) audience's ego or their sense of national pride.

In that movie they recounted the tale of when a UK submarine crew captured the Enigma machine - except the UK crewmen were depicted as Americans.

That's an American ego movie. I duno if Stealth is since I haven't seen it - nor am I likely to.
    Hmmm...sounds "historically inaccurate". I've seen where film makers depict a film in an American light but that's fucking ridiculous. I've had that film for years on DVD and never watched it.

However, I don't see how a movie about a stealth bomber with A.I. is "an American ego" film.

How do movie makers play to my national pride?
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-04-2005 at 03:56 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier

Ohhhhh I just love racism How about keeping those type of comments to your self. Instead of saying "Stupid American Movie" How about explaining why it was stupid.

Since I didn't see it, and historical inaccuracies aside, did the movie have good action?

I liked Crimson Tide and The Hunt For Red October.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi

Hmmm...sounds "historically inaccurate". I've seen where film makers depict a film in an light by that's fucking ridiculous. I've had that film for years on DVD and never watched it.

However, I don't see how a movie about a stealth bomber with A.I. is "an American ego" film.

Well, you didn't ask how a movie about a stealth bomber with AI is an American ego film. I have no idea of the answer because I've not watched the film.

Also, I don't know how movie makers would appeal to your national pride - you'd be the best, indeed only, person who could answer that. However, I've demonstrated how they play to the general public's national pride.

They glorify American heros ... or if they can't do that, they steal other country's heros - or simply make 'em up

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi

Since I didn't see it, and historical inaccuracies aside, did the movie have good action?

I liked Crimson Tide and The Hunt For Red October.
    Yeah, it's not that bad.

I enjoyed it, even tho' it's a stupid American movie

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Hmmm...sounds "historically inaccurate". I've seen where film makers depict a film in an light by that's fucking ridiculous. I've had that film for years on DVD and never watched it.

Well, you didn't ask how a movie about a stealth bomber with AI is an American ego film. I have no idea of the answer because I've not watched the film.

Also, I don't know how movie makers would appeal to your national pride - you'd be the best, indeed only, person who could answer that. However, I've demonstrated how they play to the general public's national pride.

They glorify American heros ... or if they can't do that, they steal other country's heros - or simply make 'em up
    A hero is a hero, whether simply an American character in an American movie, an American military character, or a European character blahblahblah.

Btw, you haven't demonstrated how they play to the general public national pride. You just said that it is done.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    They glorify them. Americans are portrayed in a glorious light. There is a lot of glorification of Americans going on in films where movie makers glorify Americans.

Wait, did I say that. Oh yea ... I did

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    They glorify them. Americans are portrayed in a glorious light. There is a lot of glorification of Americans going on in films where movie makers glorify Americans.

Wait, did I say that. Oh yea ... I did
    Oh damn you did....

After you said you demonstrated that you did.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast