Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: your home is not your castle

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i wonder if there's ways round having your house destroyed like this. one time my brother had debt collectors after him so we made a contract where he sold all his valuable possessions to me for 50 pence. so that if a bailiff came to the door we could discombobulate them into not taking any of his stuff. maybe you could sell a house to someone who can't be contacted then "rent" it
    The actual "compulsory seizure" would be an official government action under this ruling, so it would be operated the same way as a road project. I would assume that government has procedures for "uncontactable" owners based on time-scales.
    I doubt very much that any project would be held up by any of the scenarios posed.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    my dad left 4 years ago but my parents never got divorced. pretending we're in america: if my mum dies intestate and the house is still connubial, what happens to it as my dad may be untraceable
    I believe different rules apply to the lumpen there but over here, the house would go to the next of kin (your dad) but since he is untracable then it would be passed on to the you in trust.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    sorry to go off-topic but frankly i find that quite offensive.

it's a rediculous stereotype to call single parent families lumpen. it may be ostensible as we're poor but we certainly aren't lumpen.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp

it's a rediculous stereotype to call single parent families lumpen. it may be ostensible as we're poor but we certainly aren't lumpen.
    I think manker was a tad orotund with his post but I'm sure he didn't mean offense.

On-topic: I'm with Busyman here, if anyone "bought" my property out then I'd be waiting for them Stephen King's Roadwork style.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-23-2005 at 10:20 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

I think manker was a tad orotund with his post but I'm sure he didn't mean offense.
    You are right, lumpen doesn't seem offensive in my Gumbo-esque dialect from the valleys. Humble apologies, Dave.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

You are right, lumpen doesn't seem offensive in my Gumbo-esque dialect from the valleys. Humble apologies, Dave.
    thanks for your spurious apology, i don't believe your "gumbo-esque" dialect is a good reason to call my family underclass though.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    thanks for your spurious apology, i don't believe your "gumbo-esque" dialect is a good reason to call my family underclass though.
    Hmm.

You seem tense, maybe a little jaded. I suggest some spiritual uplifting may be just the thing to lift you out of the slums, I mean slump.

Tai-Chi is said to do just this by increasing one's proprioception and kinesthesia. Perchance a local affiliation could assist you in attaining this worthwhile goal.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Tai-Chi is said to do just this by increasing one's proprioception and kinesthesia. Perchance a local affiliation could assist you in attaining this worthwhile goal.
    Erm. You'll find that Qi-gong is better for redirecting the body's energies or chi, thus enabling our friend to calm his ardour.
    But I suspect that, all taken with your smart-arsery machination you didn't use google to its full extent.

edit: sorry for turning this into a martial arts topic.
    Last edited by Guillaume; 06-23-2005 at 10:51 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    Erm. You'll find that Qi-gong is better for redirecting the body's energies or chi, thus enabling our friend to calm his ardour.
    But I suspect that, all taken with your smart-arsery machination you didn't use google to its full extent.

edit: sorry for turning this into a martial arts topic.
    In my perquisite as forum grammaticaster, I completely blagged that post and as such am particularly happy that Tai-Chi was in some way relevent

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    manker

stop joking around. don't think this will neutralise the pathos of your machination

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast