Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Moves video

Quote Originally Posted by slyman
    Anyone watching the confederations cups? Hopefully Argentina will destroy Brazil...
    Yeah, Argentina were lucky to get through with that goal kinda mix up and it went through the keepers legs.

All the penalty's were good as well just the Argentina keeper dived the right way on the fourth.

Personally im more of a Brazil fan, i just prefer their style of football. However im a great fan of Pablo Aimar who for some reason only gets a place on the bench for each match.

Busyman, sometimes 0-0 scoring games can be the best. The game will be so tense and both teams so good that they do everything right untill the finishing.

Try and tell me this isn't a good Goal,

http://www.soccerclips.net/request.p...m2k56d44cg.zip

Eitherway your profoundly American so your not gonna like the real Football anyway.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Busyman, sometimes 0-0 scoring games can be the best. The game will be so tense and both teams so good that they do everything right untill the finishing.

Eitherway your profoundly American so your not gonna like the real Football anyway.
    Oh really?

I actually go and play the sport (until a recent knee injury) and did it pretty often.

I'm just not a very good spectator of the sport.

A 0-0 game is like.......

1. watching a real tug-o-war with both sides having the exact same strength...then after awhile everyone drops the rope and goes home. WTF!1!
    2. fucking with no orgasm
    3. a great boxing match with no determination as to who was better (even then there's a rematch to see....who's better)
    4. watching a race and then everyone quits.
    5. watching an arm wrestle where the participants are locked in battle and then........times runs out.

Me being American has nothing to with disliking watching soccer. I also don't like watching baseball with is dubbed an American pasttimewhateverthefuck.

I like an outcome, a winner and loser.

I like seeing that one little something that may makes a person or team persevere when it was a struggle.

Last edited by Busyman; 06-27-2005 at 02:22 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Oh really?

I actually go and play the sport (until a recent knee injury) and did it pretty often.

1. watching a real tug-o-war with both sides having the exact same strength...then after awhile everyone drops the rope and goes home. WTF!1!
    3. a great boxing match with no determination as to who was better (even then there's a rematch to see....who's better)
    5. watching an arm wrestle where the participants are locked in battle and then........times runs out.

Me being American has nothing to with disliking watching soccer. I also don't like watching baseball with is dubbed an American pasttimewhateverthefuck.

I like seeing that one little something that may makes a person or team persevere when it was a struggle.
    You only really get draws in a league/group games in soccer, cup games go to penalties, replays or second-legs. So a 0-0 draw can be considered a victory of sorts if it is an away game or you're playing superior opponents or you playing two legs. Exeter City recently drew 0-0 with Man Utd away from home and people say that is their greatest result of all time. If USA managed to draw 0-0 with England in a competetive match people would more than likely consider it a victory for USA (and a miracle) and an upset for England.

Same with my team; Newcastle. Next season I'll be more than happy with a 0-0 vrs the big three teams of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Sure to the Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool fans it would be like "fucking with no orgasm" but I'm sure the Geordies fans won't feel the same. The neutrals would be able to judge the game on its own merits, whether it was a full of near misses or a bogged down midfield battle.

A 0-0 draw is an outcome and as valid as any other result. You just have to fire up them brain cells to figure out which team really "won" that day. Or, heavens forbid, both teams were actually equal that day in a deadlock situation.

But ultimately it seems to be something only soccer fans can understand as nearly all other (less popular) sports have over-complicated high-scoring systems to decide winner and losers. Anyone who just says that 0-0 is a crap result without watching the game is not a fan and doesn't understand the game.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-27-2005 at 04:05 PM.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Chebus, you bastard
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Oh really?

You only really get draws in a league/group games in soccer, cup games go to penalties, replays or second-legs. So a 0-0 draw can be considered a victory of sorts if it is an away game or you're playing superior opponents or you playing two legs. Exeter City recently drew 0-0 with Man Utd away from home and people say that is their greatest result of all time. If USA managed to draw 0-0 with England in a competetive match people would more than likely consider it a victory for USA (and a miracle) and an upset for England.

Same with my team; Newcastle. Next season I'll be more than happy with a 0-0 vrs the big three teams of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Sure to the Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool fans it would be like "fucking with no orgasm" but I'm sure the Geordies fans won't feel the same. The neutrals would be able to judge the game on its own merits, whether it was a full of near misses or a bogged down midfield battle.

A 0-0 draw is an outcome and as valid as any other result. You just have to fire up them brain cells to figure out which team really "won" that day. Or, heavens forbid, both teams were actually equal that day in a deadlock situation.

But ultimately it seems to be something only soccer fans can understand as nearly all other (less popular) sports have over-complicated high-scoring systems to decide winner and losers. Anyone who just says that 0-0 is a crap result without watching the game is not a fan and doesn't understand the game.
    Sure I understand it and it's a crap result.

Let's say the my sorry Redskins (NFL Football) played the number 1 team (whoever) to a draw. That would suck.

Draws are valid since it is a stat that factors into overall standings.

That doesn't help when I'm watching the game.
    Almost getting goals ain't fun if that's the whole game. I see that when watching pee-wee basketball.
    Parents are just so fucking happy to see one of them little kids finally get a basket or simply get close to making one.

If other sport's scoring systems seem overly-complicated, you just have to fire up them brain cells to figure out which team really "won" that day and learn how to add.
    Last edited by Busyman; 06-27-2005 at 04:20 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Chebus, you bastard
    What?

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420

Sure I understand it and it's a crap result.
    You don't really understand. But that's okay I didn't think you would.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    You don't like Soccer because it doesn't have enough American in it. Theres no take downs or lift the player up[ as high as you can and throw him at the ground. Soccer just doesn't have enough American values to be taken seriously over there. It doesn't teach people that violence is the answer. Of that hitting something with a bat as hard as possible (Persons head > ball)

It also doesn't have the amazingly high scoring games like Basketball, theres no 87-62 games in football.

Like Cheese said a 0-0 draw could be a shit result to one team but to another a great victory. Man City going to Chelsea and getting a 0-0 draw was a great result for them, because they had held the champions.

Soccer can be played anywhere in the world, jumpers as goalposts and a few people in each team. Don't suspect you can find many 100 ft posts near each other with line markings on many public fields.

Football > American Football.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Soccer can be played anywhere in the world, jumpers as goalposts and a few people in each team. Don't suspect you can find many 100 ft posts near each other with line markings on many public fields.

Jumpers for goalposts?

Marvellous.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 06-27-2005 at 04:31 PM.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    You don't like Soccer because it doesn't have enough American in it. Theres no take downs or lift the player up[ as high as you can and throw him at the ground. Soccer just doesn't have enough American values to be taken seriously over there. It doesn't teach people that violence is the answer. Of that hitting something with a bat as hard as possible (Persons head > ball)
    You don't make a shred of sense and I haven't slightest as to wtf you are on about. And when did America come into this? You have no point
    It also doesn't have the amazingly high scoring games like Basketball, theres no 87-62 games in football.
    So? Neither does baseball, football, tennis, or uh NASCAR. Gotta a point?
    Like Cheese said a 0-0 draw could be a shit result to one team but to another a great victory. Man City going to Chelsea and getting a 0-0 draw was a great result for them, because they had held the champions.
    I rather it be..."play 'till there's a winner". We have something similar here. If the sorry Atlanta Hawks played the San Antonio Spurs and the Spurs win by a last second shot, we would all say, "Wow, the Hawks gave the champions a good game." I recall a baseball all-star game in which bitch-ass commissioner Bud Selig called the game 'cause it was tied for too long. Piece-O-Shit.
    Which gives way to it's popularity as well as it's rules and game mechanics being simple. I taught my 4 year-old the basics of soccer this past weekend in my backyard and set-up 2 nets for it.. Teaching her the basics of basketball (if you have possession you have to dribble when moving your feet, if you stop dribbling you can't dribble again, you are allow 2-steps after a dribble and then must pass or shoot, etc.) is wayyyy more complicated.

Again you tell me stuff that I know already and don't make a point. Oh my bad this must have been it.
    Football > American Football.
    I like basketball better anyway.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast