Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: HL2 Collector's Edition Or Regular?

Why does this thread even exist. The collectors edition is half life 2, with some bonuses (eg. book, shirt, back catalouge). Even if for some reason you decided to completely ignore the listed features, surely common sense would dictate that a "collectors edition" may hold some sort of advantage over a non "collectors edition". Factor in that one is more expensive than the other, only by a token amount which is most likely there to show which is the superior product and I don't think Valve are going to penalise you for buying the collectors edition over the normal one.

2. Games   -   #32
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Quote Originally Posted by n18
    See now... click on those links, you'll seee the regular version is $36.88, which is $3.11 less than the collector's edition.And even thought i live in the US, I'm not American...I'm European though ^_^

I know, im saying that orcutt989 can't count because its clear there is a small price difference he saw both as $39.99 :thatwasacloseone:
    Nice job editing your previous posts.

3. Games   -   #33
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by n18
    See now... click on those links, you'll seee the regular version is $36.88, which is $3.11 less than the collector's edition.And even thought i live in the US, I'm not American...I'm European though ^_^

I know, im saying that orcutt989 can't count because its clear there is a small price difference he saw both as $39.99 :thatwasacloseone:
    Whatever, it proves your as stupid as the folks you claim are stupid.

No amount of cleaning up can reverse that.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-02-2005 at 06:36 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #34
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Oh my. What a threat.

My tip:
    Get the Collectors edition.
    It has more stuff and probably the extras are worth more than 3 bucks.
    Spoiler: Show

5. Games   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989

I havn't edited any of my previous posts, any mod can check the logs and prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Don't be silly, its a well known fact American's can't count, it's like saying the grass is green

I recieved a 50$ gift-card to Amazon.com and Borders from a friend, and now I am able to actually buy HL2, after all the cracked servers and Emporio updates, etc, I am just ready to actually have the legit game and play whenever I want without shit. I know I will be able to use Garry's Mod with both. But do both come with HL2 Deathmatch and Counter Strike? Is the only difference, that the Collector's Edition has Half Life: Source, with it? My main priority is to have Counter Strike: Source, and HL2 Deathmatch, and Garry's Mod. Which one should I get? Or is there a better set I could get for $50 or less? I didnt see anymore HL2's at Amazon.com. So probably not. And also I was wondering, does Day of Defeat: Source cost extra money?
    Counter Strike, HL2 Deathmatch and Garry's Mod come with/can be played with both the retail & collectors editions, but the collectors edition also have HL1 Source (Which is pritty fun to play)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingme
    Get the regular one and upgrade to the silver pack so you can get all of the games you mentioned and Dod. I think it's only 10 bucks to upgrade. I'm almost positive you can't upgrade the Collector's edition.
    Last i heard you cannot upgrade any version, so if you do want to play DOD Source might be a good idea to buy the steam version and either spend the voucher on something else or trade it with a friend for cash.

By the way if you only spend $39.99 of the $50 voucher i doubt they will give you $10.01 change in voucher form so best to get as much as you can for your $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Personally, Id just go with the regular.
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    regular dude.
    Why? See the sheep effect here? One says something the others on the bandwagon.

6. Games   -   #36

I havn't edited any of my previous posts, any mod can check the logs and prove that.

Don't be silly, its a well known fact American's can't count, it's like saying the grass is green
    Nor can you give proper advice without bullshit.

The Steam Silver Pack does not = Collector's Edition.

You were talking more crap and took up a long post to give wrong info.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-03-2005 at 06:58 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #37
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh

I recieved a 50$ gift-card to Amazon.com and Borders from a friend, and now I am able to actually buy HL2, after all the cracked servers and Emporio updates, etc, I am just ready to actually have the legit game and play whenever I want without shit. I know I will be able to use Garry's Mod with both. But do both come with HL2 Deathmatch and Counter Strike? Is the only difference, that the Collector's Edition has Half Life: Source, with it? My main priority is to have Counter Strike: Source, and HL2 Deathmatch, and Garry's Mod. Which one should I get? Or is there a better set I could get for $50 or less? I didnt see anymore HL2's at Amazon.com. So probably not. And also I was wondering, does Day of Defeat: Source cost extra money?
    Counter Strike, HL2 Deathmatch and Garry's Mod come with/can be played with both the retail & collectors editions, but the collectors edition also have HL1 Source (Which is pritty fun to play)

Get the regular one and upgrade to the silver pack so you can get all of the games you mentioned and Dod. I think it's only 10 bucks to upgrade. I'm almost positive you can't upgrade the Collector's edition.
    Last i heard you cannot upgrade any version, so if you do want to play DOD Source might be a good idea to buy the steam version and either spend the voucher on something else or trade it with a friend for cash.

By the way if you only spend $39.99 of the $50 voucher i doubt they will give you $10.01 change in voucher form so best to get as much as you can for your $50.

Why?
    regular dude.
    See Peerzy, you can make a perfectly decent post without insulting someone, or degrading their intellect. Thank you everyone.

8. Games   -   #38

Why?
    regular dude.
    See Peerzy, you can make a perfectly decent post without insulting someone, or degrading their intellect. Thank you everyone.
    Oh shit i forgot to insult anyone

So did you get the collectors edition?

9. Games   -   #39
    Don't get it twisted.

People can't keep insulting others when they've proven themselves to be idiots.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Games   -   #40

People can't keep insulting others when they've proven themselves to be idiots.

Really? Cause the only idiots i see here are Linkin Park & Cpr_azard for wanting him to waste his money, and you who for reason continue to try and flame me

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast