Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: About Africa...

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I commented on your assertion that Ms. Schlafly should cover her family in DDT.

Which remains ridiculous.
    Where did I say she should cover her family with DTT?

If she believes it is a safe product ( and that is exactly what she is saying ) would she be prepared to use it as an insecticide in her own vegetable garden or home? is she prepared to campaign for it's use in the US market? Is she prepared to expose her family to the "non-risk", after all there is according to her "no evidence to prove it is unsafe"
    Right here:

Quote Originally Posted by vid
    The question here should be would Ms.Schlafly be happy to have her home sprayed with the stuff. Would she be happy for her children and grandchildren to be exposed to it?
    You've now temepered the statement somewhat, which is nice but you're still being melodramatic. She's not at risk from malaria so she has no need to put this chemical anywhere near her family.

If a surgeon developed a new technique, would he first be required to test it on his daughter, to see how sure he was that it was safe? If Bush decides on a manned mission to Mars, would he have to jolly across to check it out first? I advised a guy to liquidate one of his companies last week, did he ask me to do likewise?

Of course not. It's ridiculous.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by erictc
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

...Brother Rat sees a profit motive behind the prospect of DDT use...
    Isn't there always a profit motive behind everything that we
    greedy humans do?
    Yes.

IKE pays me 3 Euros for every post I make
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

You've now temepered the statement somewhat, which is nice but you're still being melodramatic. She's not at risk from malaria so she has no need to put this chemical anywhere near her family.

If a surgeon developed a new technique, would he first be required to test it on his daughter, to see how sure he was that it was safe? If Bush decides on a manned mission to Mars, would he have to jolly across to check it out first? I advised a guy to liquidate one of his companies last week, did he ask me to do likewise?

Of course not. It's ridiculous.
    I have not tempered it at all... I said would she be prepared to have her home sprayed I didn't say would she be prepared to have herself sprayed.
    So she is not at risk of malaria.... so what... DDT is not a cure for malaria, it is an insecticide. My post is about her assessment of DDT being safe and no risk to humans or the environment..... look at what she titled her article..."the myth of DDT."
    If it is safe then she should be more than happy to eat crops sprayed with it, she should be more than happy to use it as a bug spray in her home. Nearly all the crops we eat have had some insecticide exposure. If DDT is safe she should have no problem if it were used on the crops she eats instead of an alternative. She would have no problem with the farmer spraying the field next to her home with it.

Yes your examples are ridiculous...but You are the one using them, not I.
    Last edited by vidcc; 07-03-2005 at 03:31 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    manker, look at it this way...

There are many diseases that humans die from, many of which can be vaccinated against.

The young lady wishes to use DDT indiscriminantly in Africa, even in those countries where its no longer an effective method, so that less people die from Malaria.

She is not however, willing to have herself and children vaccinated against diseases that she is at risk of contracting, because of personal choice.

Where is this 'personal choice' for the millions in the area's she wishes to spray with DDT? Most wont even realise that its happening.

The vaccinations are much more specifically and accuratly targeted, and the chemical does not hang around the environment possibly affecting totally unrelated wildlife, unlike DDT.

Her comments are hypocritical... She wants others to have manditory preventative measures however doesnt want the same for herself.

When the plane sprays with DDT, they cant just not affect those people that dont want to be sprayed... Everyone in the area is affected.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-03-2005 at 05:10 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    manker, look at it this way...

There are many diseases that humans die from, many of which can be vaccinated against.

The young lady wishes to use DDT indiscriminantly in Africa, even in those countries where its no longer an effective method, so that less people die from Malaria.

She is not however, willing to have herself and children vaccinated against diseases that she is at risk of contracting, because of personal choice.

Where is this 'personal choice' for the millions in the area's she wishes to spray with DDT? Most wont even realise that its happening.

The vaccinations are much more specifically and accuratly targeted, and the chemical does not hang around the environment possibly affecting totally unrelated wildlife, unlike DDT.

Her comments are hypocritical... She wants others to have manditory preventative measures however doesnt want the same for herself.

When the plane sprays with DDT, they cant just not affect those people that dont want to be sprayed... Everyone in the area is affected.
    I agree. Let's not forget Agent Orange. I was going to post a pic of the after effects of Agent Orange but could not find one that was not too horrific. You can read about it here.
    http://www.lamblawoffice.com/Agent-O...formation.html
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345