Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: I would like to argue something pretty important to me.

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    @Manker: what's better: 50% secure with freedome and all, or 80-90% secure with minor changes (simply opening your bag for the guard to check, and a 1 second scan with his/her hand held metal detector)?

I would vote for the second. I do not want to live indefinately, I want to live safe like I do today.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    We have more than ten security guards on duty at any time in most large department stores in Cardiff. Always have as far as I know, some are hidden away watching shoppers on little screens, but they're there.

What's all the fuss about
    Last edited by manker; 07-08-2005 at 02:09 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    @Manker: what's better: 50% secure with freedome and all, or 80-90% secure with minor changes (simply opening your bag for the guard to check, and a 1 second scan with his/her hand held metal detector)?

I would vote for the second. I do not want to live indefinately, I want to live safe like I do today.
    All hand luggage is checked by metal detectors and x-ray machines when flying anywhere from Britain.

Whatcha talking about.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    You are lying. There aren't 10 security guards at the front of any government building and I've been to every single Safeway in DC.
    well, there were 2 cops on duty at the Holiday Inn Express we stayed in Morningside last weekend ( you know the one across the street from the main gate of Andrews Air Force base Busyman )
    Yup I sure do. That's a popular spot for AAFB visitors who don't stay on base and a nice fuck spot for folks that from a club called Classics a quarter mile down the street (Allentown Rd).

The reason for the cops, it's a busy intersection near AAFB. There are also fuck spots (pun intented) near other entrances to AAFB like the Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge that have no police presence at all.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    We have more than ten security guards on duty at any time in most large department stores in Cardiff. Always have as far as I know, some are hidden away watching shoppers on little screens, but they're there.

....but we don't have 10 security guards walking around grocery stores like Safeway.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Everyone and every bag travelling on a plane in the UK goes thro either x-ray machines or metal detectors or both.

I am now quite used to walking thro' the archway metal detector, then also having a rub-down search carried out. It happens more often than not now, probably just the way I look.

I have no problem with this. However I would not like things to escalate too much. Just the sight of the armed Policemen at Heathrow makes me both uncomfortable and comforted at the same time.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi

....but we don't have 10 security guards walking around grocery stores like Safeway.
    Hmm. I don't go shopping much but reckon that at Asda or Tesco, over here, there would be about that number of security personel.

Just for dealing with shoplifters and weirdos. I've never been in a Safeways but the big grocery stores here also sell stuff like DVDs, clothes and things. Ten isn't an unreasonable number.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Hmm. I don't go shopping much but reckon that at Asda or Tesco, over here, there would be about that number of security personel.

Just for dealing with shoplifters and weirdos. I've never been in a Safeways but the big grocery stores here also sell stuff like DVDs, clothes and things. Ten isn't an unreasonable number.
    It's highly irregular here. Last time I went to a DC Safeway, there was a whole one guard at the front of the store.

Tikonbon was outright lying. It's as simple as that.

There weren't 10 security guards walking around at my local Target (similar to WalMart) and I was there to personally breakdown the floor model of this gazebo
    during and after store hours.

edit: as far the Safeways, I've been everywhere including the bowels of the stores in DC.
    Last edited by Busyman; 07-08-2005 at 02:35 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Well, regarding JPauls wording of being uncomfortable with armed policemen at Heathrow - we have people walking above with shotguns (armymen) all over the country... My neighbour recently left the army and used to bring his gun back every night...
    As amazing as it sounds, here in Israel people are actually so used to seeing people with guns/other weapons, that being in a place like London after the blast wouldn't concerne them too much......

The difference is amazing..

Once again - in the shopping "compund" near my home there are security personel checking out the cars as they arrive, PLUS there are security guards at the entrance to each and every shop/store/food place with a handheld gun and a metal detector..

I must say the last time I was in Scotland (last November), I was amazed at not getting scanned at the entrance to a mall in Glasgow (it felt pretty weird.. )...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala

All hand luggage is checked by metal detectors and x-ray machines when flying anywhere from Britain.

Whatcha talking about.
    I was taling about simple little places such as cafe's and little fish n' chip shops... that's where most blasts would take place. Or on a bus...

Nowadays in Israel you have a security person on buses when approaching stations to go through the bus a inspect people. Most of the Arab-Israelis get stared at mostly, and I must say that I think the feeling must be horrible if you're a simple person going to work, but hey, it's for our safety.

Another thing people don't know - On most El-Al flights (Israels airline), there is a security person with a gun in civilian clothing... And I feel totally comfortable with it, as I know I am safe from people wanting to attack Jews/Christians or any other people.

And in response to the person who wrote that attacks prior to 9/11 were not Muslim attacks: Yes, you are right, but in modern times in the 21st century attackers are all Muslim, and the Muslims them selves do not do anything to condemn the terrorists acts, and I think they should do something about it...

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast