Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Island

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    The Island FTW,this is a fucking good film.If you've not seen you're missing out.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    I think this is one of the few new movies based on original ideas .

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I saw it on Saturday, it was pretty good(Johansson's so hot). I would give it a 7/10

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by terance
    I think this is one of the few new movies based on original ideas .
    uh, barely slightly almost sort of original-ish. original ain't the first word that comes to my mind. however, for the level it is aiming for (not-very-original sci-fi action flick with some car chases and junk) it succeeds pretty darn well. i found it more satisfying than, say, "i robot" (story was too thin) or "the matrix reloaded" (story got bogged down by complicated mumbo-jumbo). the island is one of those movies that goes to pretty much the same old places, but it finds a good balance between story and action, which is where a lot of other sci-fi action movies normally trip & fall down.

a lot of people on the internet complain like michael bay (director of the island) is the anti-christ or sumthin', because he's unoriginal and doesn't have great artistic ambitions. but still he's pretty skilled at what he does ("drive fast and blow shit up" no-brainers). i mean, put bay's work (the rock, bad boys, the island) next to someone like rob cohen (the fast & the furious, xXx, stealth)... two current directors who work with almost the exact same vocabulary, and cohen's stuff looks totally incompetent in comparison.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 10-11-2005 at 04:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12