Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Explain please

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Suicide bombers.

I don't get it.

I mean these guys blow themselves up with the belief that they are going to a better place. Last time I heard, no bible (or whatever you wanna call it) states that you kill a shitload of people (innocent people) and you will go to the promise land. In actual fact I always thought it was a worldwide recognition that if you do good you go to heaven (or whatever version you believe in), if you're bad you go to hell.

Have I missed something somewhere?

I simply don't get it, please enlighten me.

Or is it simply that these people are just stupid?

Jonno
    they're trying to get the west out of the middle east. thinking you go to heaven for killing us just make the pill easier to swallow (if that's the right term).

i'd be surprised if the 'religious leaders' actually believed anything they preached

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    If Germany had won the last war and occupied Britain, and if they were attacked by suicide bombers, would the bombers be terrorists or heroes?
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Well they would be hero's if it pushed Germany out of Britain, but these people are in Britain already, so it's a completely different scenario.

Ok so I'm right, it does all come down to religion and some form of belief that they are doing the right thing.
    Killing pregnant women and children and innocent people just trying to get to work is their lords wish, and altho they are actually physically stopping their own life functions, they have had a ceremony to say they already dead, so in essense they are ghosts.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh........t....

I would really like to talk to one of these people and actually see if they have any brains whatsoever, because as far as I can see they are led by something they don't really understand and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is horrendously flawed and basically just really stupid, just shows that these people have yet to evolve to catch up to the rest of the civilized world.

Jonno

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by RioDeLeo
    If Germany had won the last war and occupied Britain, and if they were attacked by suicide bombers, would the bombers be terrorists or heroes?
    Indiscriminate murderers of civilians is what they would be, if they used the same methods as contemporary suicide bombers.

Worthy of condemnation. Being of a different skin colour, different creed and being for a different cause cannot dress up the fact that killing civillians for a political cause is wrong.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Worthy of condemnation. Being of a different skin colour, different creed and being for a different cause cannot dress up the fact that killing civillians for a political cause is wrong.
    For ANY reason.
    We have armed forces to fight battles, bringing a fight to the streets in such a way is bullying, their armed forces fighting our civilians, bit unfair and not quite cricket.

I do know one thing however, reading stuff accross the net this morning, this attack on london seems to have hieghtend the hatred which lives in Britain for the Asian community.
    I think what we will get is another wave of random attacks by "native" (for want of a better word) british people on more innocent people due to the colour of their skin.
    So what they are doing by attacking the us and uk etc is making life hell for asians who do live honest lives and work and have families, because they will now be targetted.

Another example of how these bombers have no reguard for anyone reguardless of where they come from or what beliefs they have.
    They have no reason for doing this, they are just randomly murdering people.

Jonno

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Indiscriminate murderers of civilians is what they would be, if they used the same methods as contemporary suicide bombers.

What if they were attacking the occupying German forces, and not civilians? Terrorists or freedom fighters?
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Any reasonable person would not hate the Asian community in the UK because of what happened in London.

Idiots may use it as an excuse to express their prejudices in a violent manner but we have police to deal with this.

Btw, if you agree with my quote. Why did you say that UK people attacking hypothetical German settlers with suicide bombers would be fine.

Seems a bit weird.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

Whilst I agree with your sentiment I can't wholly agree with the second paragraph, because the murder is totally indiscriminate. They kill people of their own creed, colour etc. They really don't care whether their bomb kills a 5 year old of their own religion.

Freedom fighters, or resistance forces attack military targets. Or destroy property, for example an empty bridge, or a train during the night when no-one is about.

The discriminating factor to my mind is the choice of target.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi

What if they were attacking the occupying German forces, and not civilians? Terrorists or freedom fighters?
    You mean like the kamikaze tactics of the Japanese or similar suicide missions our own soldiers were sent on in WWII.

I would morally disagree.

People being sent to their assured deaths by superiors sitting behind desks is always wrong too. I don't consider it a valid tactic - wartime nor peacetime.
    Last edited by manker; 07-14-2005 at 10:38 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Any reasonable person would not hate the Asian community in the UK because of what happened in London.

Idiots may use it as an excuse to express their prejudices in a violent manner but we have police to deal with this.
    I know that, but you know as well as me that is the way many people think in this country.

Btw, if you agree with my quote. Why did you say that UK people attacking hypothetical German settlers with suicide bombers would be fine.

Seems a bit weird.
    No no, I possibly worded that wrong, I would'nt agree with attacking settlers, but if we were occupied by Germany with their ideals then fighting back at the armed forces would be acceptable. Not blowing up innocent people.

But they are not attacking forces, they are mudering innocent civilians.
    We're not complaining about the forces in Iraq being attacked, they are at war and there to fight. People in London and various other places are just going about their lives.

You cannot compare the 2, for a start the English occupy England, so as far as I can see you're saying that these terrorists are trying to force british people out of their homes?
    So it's an invasion?

Jonno

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast