Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friends Computer, Wont Boot

Its a bootable cd, once you have burned the ISO put it in cd rom drive and reboot selecting to boot off of cd rom from BIOS if it isn't already.

When it refers to restore points by default windows XP creates restore points by itself unless you have turned off system restore.

Winternals itself does not create recovery points.

Once you boot onto the cd it will look like your booting up windows only it will run slower because your running off of a cd.

Once you select your windows instillation you can then choose a restore point and roll back windows, there are also some other useful utilities that will allow you to find out what happened particularly crash analyzer

Just for your own sake try and get a hold of 2005 its much better and actually allows you to run firefox so you can do research while running from cd to help you figure out what to do.

Also if you can get a hold of techiez toolkit there is a program on there called ntboot that will allow you to fix unbootable partitions.
    Last edited by Master$hake; 07-17-2005 at 03:16 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Master$hake
    Its a bootable cd, once you have burned the ISO put it in cd rom drive and reboot selecting to boot off of cd rom from BIOS if it isn't already.

When it refers to restore points by default windows XP creates restore points by itself unless you have turned off system restore.

Winternals itself does not create recovery points.

Once you boot onto the cd it will look like your booting up windows only it will run slower because your running off of a cd.

Once you select your windows instillation you can then choose a restore point and roll back windows, there are also some other useful utilities that will allow you to find out what happened particularly crash analyzer

Just for your own sake try and get a hold of 2005 its much better and actually allows you to run firefox so you can do research while running from cd to help you figure out what to do.

Also if you can get a hold of techiez toolkit there is a program on there called ntboot that will allow you to fix unbootable partitions.
    Well thanks everyone for your help. My friend told me that he got it fixed. How, I do not know, but whatever. No work for me. Well thanks alot guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123