Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fatwa Issued

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    And have the Israeli's always targeted the Military?

I may be Cynical, but they appear to class everything and one in the occupied territories as Military...
    Faults on both sides say I.

Compromise is the only solution, I said it in the other thread. Look at the North of Ireland, certainly moving in the right direction.

Problem is, some groups seem unable to do it. They are 100% right and anyone who disagrees is 100% wrong. You see it in individuals as well.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    They are going on and on about that guy... and he hasnt even been invited to speak in this country, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    The arrival in Britain of the Islamic preacher, Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, to take part in a conference has sparked a row because of his controversial views on suicide bombings.
    First paragraph of the article that manker's link is to

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Which is the one they've been going on about for the last 48 hours that hasnt even been invited then

I was watching it on a few News programs (notably Channel 4) .. however missed the name

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I bet the UK is going to have islamic orators all over the place in a few weeks, by the looks of this

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I bet the UK is going to have islamic orators all over the place in a few weeks, by the looks of this
    I don't think this is the spokesman they are looking for....

CAIRO, Egypt (CNN) -- The father of one of the hijackers who commandeered the first plane that crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, praised the recent terror attacks in London and said many more would follow.

Speaking to CNN Producer Ayman Mohyeldin Tuesday in his apartment in the upper-middle-class Cairo suburb of Giza, Mohamed el-Amir said he would like to see more attacks like the July 7 bombings of three London subway trains and a bus that killed 52 people, plus the four bombers.

Displayed prominently in the apartment were pictures of el-Amir's son, Mohamed Atta, the man who is believed to have piloted American Airlines Flight 11 into the north tower of the World Trade Center as part of the attacks on the United States.

El-Amir said the attacks in the United States and the July 7 attacks in London were the beginning of what would be a 50-year religious war, in which there would be many more fighters like his son.

He declared that terror cells around the world were a "nuclear bomb that has now been activated and is ticking."

The man, who gave his age as "at least 70," said he had no sorrow for what happened in London, and said there was a double standard in the way the world viewed the victims in London and victims in the Muslim world.

Cursing in Arabic, el-Amir also denounced Arab leaders and Muslims who condemned the London attacks as being traitors and non-Muslims.

He passionately vowed that he would do anything within his power to encourage more attacks.

When asked if he would allow a CNN crew to videotape another interview with him, el-Amir said he would give his permission -- for a price of $5,000.

That money, he said, would not be kept for himself, but would be donated to someone to carry out another terror attack.

El-Amir said that $5,000 was about how much it would cost to finance another attack in London.

A lawyer by trade, el-Amir had a sign on his apartment door saying he was a consultant.

The security guard for the apartment building said el-Amir had been under surveillance by Egyptian agents for several months after the September 11 attacks, but no one had been watching him recently.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    In June 1997, Atta was laid off by Plankontor. The partners had bought a CAD system and his draughtsmanship was not needed. 'When he was given his last sum of money, he got too much from us and he sent it back,' recalled Frinken. 'He said that he hadn't earned it and he didn't want any more'.
    Source

He was an honest chap tho...
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-20-2005 at 12:22 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Naivete?

Naivete as is thinking Iraq doesnt/wouldnt cause more hostility among a lot of people..

British Intelligence, Chatham House (Royal Institute of International Affairs)and Economic & Social Research Council have issued reports recently that point out that UK/US foreign policy is helping terrorism.

Something that no-one can say "well, we couldnt have known" as many people have been warning of this for years.

A little like the current situation in Iraq in fact.. warned and then saying "We couldnt have known", or lying outright and hoping no-one spots the bluff.

....there is "no doubt" that the invasion of Iraq has imposed difficulties for the UK and that the UK is at "particular risk" because it is the closest ally of the US and has closely supported the deployment of British troops in the U.S. led military campaigns. A key problem for the UK in preventing terrorism in Britain is the government’s position as "pillion passenger" to the United States' war on terror. Formulating counter-terrorism policy in this way has left the "ally in the driving seat" to do the steering. Senior UK cabinet ministers are in denial.
    From the Chatham House Report

Face up to your naivete J2K4.. far from making the world safer, the "War on Terror" in its current format has increased terrorism 3fold easily, and been hijacked in order to achieve the personal aims of certain parties.

Helping Al Queda, so Iraq can be invaded for example. Conveniantly not telling the people that Al Queda's supporters in that country were your allies in the invasion... The Kurds.

How are the terrorist acts of the Kurds in Turkey being reported over there by the way?

Is it long enough ago that they risk reporting them at all yet?
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-20-2005 at 07:57 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    I just knew you were going to say that.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Naivete?

Naivete as is thinking Iraq doesnt/wouldnt cause more hostility among a lot of people..

From the Chatham House Report

Face up to your naivete J2K4.. far from making the world safer, the "War on Terror" in its current format has increased terrorism 3fold easily, and been hijacked in order to achieve the personal aims of certain parties.
    Do you think Atta is actually enjoying his ordained allotment of "virgins", Rat?

I'll bet he died with the thought uppermost in his mind...

So you think appeasement would be the safer route?

Understanding?

So the risk of terrorist acts is greater in the short run...I don't believe anyone would have forecast differently; you can paint Bush's comment(s) aboard the carrier any way you like, except to say he intended to communicate that the dying was done with.

What will you say when we've left Iraq?

If there is no civil war?

If the nascent democracy survives and thrives?

Will you curse Iraq as a puppet of the U.S. if it is not on unfriendly terms with us?

If they continue to sell us oil?

You and I see the entire question of terrorism as a chicken/egg, cart/horse poser-you think it begins with overweening U.S. foreign policy, and you think that I believe it started with 9/11.

The fact is that I don't care in the least what started it; all I know is that it is being conducted as a tactic of the otherwise ineffectual to foment grief and chaos in civilized quarters, and it is currently enjoying it's operating status under cover of a religious fundamentalist imperative, which should just piss you off royally, but somehow seems to escape your notice, such is your contempt for the U.S.'s efforts, fully granting their inherent imperfection.

Your faith in the U.N. and it's various international bodies (the I.C.C. springs to mind) has not, and never has been, borne out by events.

One can only conclude you favor inaction and acquiescence over any pro-active scenario, because that is precisely what the U.N. wrought prior to our entry into Afghanistan and Iraq.

BTW-

To those of you who swear up and down Iraq and Saddam had no knowledge/involvement in the events of 9/11, perhaps you might disclose your dispositive evidence proving the innocent attendence of Iraqi intelligence officer Ahmed Hikmat Shakir with the 9/11 hijackers in Kuala Lumpur for the purpose of plotting the event?
    for some reason whenever i read one of your posts i get really annoyed.

why the fuck would the iraqi government want to give you an excuse to invade?

so what if the terrorism is under cover religious shit, it's still down to american foriegn policy.

and stop saying foment, it sounds fucking stupid.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    "so what if the terrorism is under cover religious shit, it's still down to american foriegn policy."

And perhaps US foreign policy is affected by their people being murdered in indiscriminate attacks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast