Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: I think my computer is burning up...

lynx's Avatar .
    Rather than have a database of motherboards and their connections (which is how Everest works) Speedfan shows you the possible inputs and allows you to configure them yourself. That way it only needs to know about the sensor chips. Everest needs an update every time a new mobo comes out which is obviously quite often. Speedfan only needs an update when a new sensor chip is used, which is a much more rare event.

The simple fact is that the temp sensor on your motherboard is capable of having more inputs than it is using, so Speedfan shows you the extra unused sensor. Now that you know it isn't used you can click the configure button and tell Speedfan not to display it.

Then you've only got the high Temp1 & Temp2 to worry about.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I'm a little lost... it isn't used? But Temp3 is what causes my computer to freeze.

Whenever my CPU usage is high, Temp3 reaches 90C, then my PC just dies... even if SpeedFan is not running. Temp1 and Temp2 never go that high...

Even if I remove Temp3 from SpeedFan, my PC is still going to freeze if I do something CPU heavy, because it's there. I'm sorry lynx, I just don't know what to do...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    lynx's Avatar .
    Unused inouts like that should be fastened to ground, obviously this one isn't. Consequently it is "floating" and is affected by the other inputs. However, since you don't need to monitor it that hardly matters.

I feel confident in saying that when your pc freezes the cpu temp will have gone up too. One of my systems freezes if the cpu temp gets to about 65C. Fortunately that only happens when the heatsink gets clogged with dust.

The bottom line is that your system is still far too hot, it doesn't really matter whether you look at the cpu temp or this spurious Temp3. And we've already established that the case is the problem. The solution is obvious - get some fans in the case or, if there's nowhere for extra fans, get a new case.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Sigh... your right. I guess it doesn't matter what the numbers are, in the end, it's all too hot.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I have a PNY 6600GT, when I game it goes no higher than 62C, it rapidly cools down to 52 after I'm done (takes bout 5 mins.)

Idle its about 50-52C

Is this normal, bad, good? What? I've tried google, but many people say different things...I'm lost, help.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Those are normal temps for the stock air-cooled 6600 cards.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Cool, thanks.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456