Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the Bible Code?

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

too m[u]ch ef[fo]rt put int[o] hiding it if it was intentiona[l], i reckon
    A-ha.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RioDeLeo
    There was a guy named Rob, he lived in the next valley over from me. He seemed quite normal, drank at the pub, played cards with us on a Thursday night, liked a joint or three.

One day he climbed the highest hill around our way to await the end of the world. l forget exactly what it was that was going to cause this, something to do with all the planets being on the same side of the sun, l believe. It was predicted by someone or the other, a long time ago.

This in itself is unremarkable, what was remarkable though, was the fact that more that twenty of the locals went up there with him!

As part of the old saying goes " .. you can fool some of the people all of the time ... "
    So what happened, you can't just leave us hanging.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Other scientists have demonstrated how crap the Bible code is, by getting similar 'prophesies' out of Moby Dick....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    There was a guy named Rob, he lived in the next valley over from me. He seemed quite normal, drank at the pub, played cards with us on a Thursday night, liked a joint or three.

One day he climbed the highest hill around our way to await the end of the world. l forget exactly what it was that was going to cause this, something to do with all the planets being on the same side of the sun, l believe. It was predicted by someone or the other, a long time ago.

This in itself is unremarkable, what was remarkable though, was the fact that more that twenty of the locals went up there with him!

As part of the old saying goes " .. you can fool some of the people all of the time ... "
    So what happened, you can't just leave us hanging.
    i'm thinking that nothing much interesting happens in australiland

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Other scientists have demonstrated how crap the Bible code is, by getting similar 'prophesies' out of Moby Dick....
    Do you think the whale is an allegorical representation for God, then.

All powerful, but ultimately unknowable.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

You call 'em pubs in Africa? Must be South Africa.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    In the very same Horizon documentary.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by rubjon
    I got about 6 or so versions of bible here. Tell me the scripture and version and I will read it to some people and without the prejudice of thinking that it is of certain events I will seewhat their interpretations are.

Or dare we just guess?
    Ummm... How can you possibly have 6 versions to the Bible...??

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    Quote Originally Posted by rubjon
    I got about 6 or so versions of bible here. Tell me the scripture and version and I will read it to some people and without the prejudice of thinking that it is of certain events I will seewhat their interpretations are.

Or dare we just guess?
    Ummm... How can you possibly have 6 versions to the Bible...??
    Theres a hell of a lot more versions than 6...

You have to remember that they were orginally written in different languages, and then translated, sometimes a few times, before they actually made it to *nameyourlanguagehere*

This is why it reads "Suffer not a witch to live"; when the original Hebrew translated directly into English reads "Suffer not a poisoner to live"

....a fact, that still hasnt been corrected, that many women all over europe/usa later regretted :burnedalive:
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 08-01-2005 at 07:38 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I suppose they must have gotten a few real witches tho'. Mistakes are inevitable.

Which is why the death sentence is such a good idea. You're bound to kill a few bad guys.

Take the rough with the smooth, I say.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast