Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Palmeiro suspended for steroids

manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah.

If the sport was in a healthy state, then perhaps Busy's meansures would be good ones. Perhaps.

Atm, it's in dire need of a radical overhaul. Fining millionaires a fraction of what they earn and banning them for a relatively short period won't do.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I disagree.

A player caught on the juice doesn't mean he was always on it.

I think:

Their records should stay intact
    They should be suspended for a year and fined a percentage of their salary.

If a player isn't playing the sport he so-called loves and gets hit in the pocket, that's a real punishment.
    The percentage fine hurts the big as well as the small (on top of the ban).
    Cheating is cheating, period. Once they are caught, who's to say when and how long they have been doing it ? There needs to be a zero tolerance policy, then you'll see this crap stop
    Okay I agree.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-01-2005 at 11:01 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    After all, so many people who had found Palmeiro a resistible Hall of Fame candidate three weeks ago came around when he delivered his 3,000th hit, and now they get to hand-wring their way out of voting for him now. He was a feel-good story -- the forthright, stalwart member of the Zero Tolerance Club who said he had never, ever, ever taken a steroid, damn it.

Now it turns out he had never "knowingly" taken a steroid, and it is only a conference call or two from becoming, "I never knowingly took a steroid while wearing my space suit on the surface of Neptune."

Better yet are the caveats from Prez Bush and the steroid congressman, Tom Davis, both of whom stood up immediately and said, "We believe Raffy when he said he never knowingly took anything." They also said they believed him when he said he never took anything, period. So that only means that the same rules that apply in politics apply everywhere else, namely that, "It's wrong when your guy does it, and it's OK when my guy does it."

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Pete Rose cant get in for gambling.....

I think Palmeiro should be kept out for being a liar
    had he admitted it, he would have shown some accountablitiy,
    but he chose to flat out lie

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FKDUP74

this was my argument the first time this came up. Pete Rose gambled, but I would bet my own money he never threw a game, and he was never accused of it, however he was slapped with a lifetime ban. Your gonna tell me what he did was worse than cheating ?

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

this was my argument the first time this came up. Pete Rose gambled, but I would bet my own money he never threw a game, and he was never accused of it, however he was slapped with a lifetime ban. Your gonna tell me what he did was worse than cheating ?
    I never thought Pete Rose should have been in trouble whatsoever.

(only if he bet on an opposing team winning)

This "ya just don't bet on baseball" motto is bullshit.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    agreed.

and if they're going to adhere to that idea so strongly, well then...
    fkrs shouldn't get in for cheating IMHO

and you know what the bitch is....
    we here are not the only ones making that argument,
    it's all over the place where baseball is the talk I imagine, but....

I bet they still get in and Pete still gets the shaft

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    agreed.

and if they're going to adhere to that idea so strongly, well then...
    fkrs shouldn't get in for cheating IMHO

and you know what the bitch is....
    we here are not the only ones making that argument,
    it's all over the place where baseball is the talk I imagine, but....

I bet they still get in and Pete still gets the shaft
    That conclusion is, Joe played his best in the World Series of 1919, he fielded to win, he batted to win, he ran the bases to win. We admit, Joe did have guilty knowledge of the fix, but we feel his punishment in perpetuity is unjust for this "supposed" crime.
    let us not foget this man got the shaft too

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    That conclusion is, Joe played his best in the World Series of 1919, he fielded to win, he batted to win, he ran the bases to win. We admit, Joe did have guilty knowledge of the fix, but we feel his punishment in perpetuity is unjust for this "supposed" crime.
    let us not foget this man got the shaft too
    no shit.

Joe Jackson and Pete Rose out...all the roid freaks in

it just doesn't seem right

some numbers for those who may disagree

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...A_career.shtml
    (this was Joe Jackson's most outstanding statistic, there would have been more for sure,
    but he only played in a little over 1300 games, about 8 years by today's standards)
    and where the hell's the carreer fielding stats?
    Jackson had .964 carreer fielding average ffs

and this is all Pete:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...H_career.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...B_career.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...G_career.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/le...R_career.shtml

where the fuck is Palmeiro on any of those lists?
    Last edited by FKDUP74; 08-02-2005 at 01:44 AM.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    Source: Palmeiro tested positive for stanozolol

NEW YORK -- Rafael Palmeiro's positive steroid test was for stanozolol, a powerful anabolic steroid that is not available in dietary supplements, according to a newspaper report.

Palmeiro The New York Times, citing a person in baseball with direct knowledge of the sport's drug-testing program, reported on its Web site Tuesday that Palmeiro tested positive for the drug known by the brand name Winstrol, most notably linked to the Olympic sprinter Ben Johnson of Canada.

Johnson was stripped of his 100-meter gold medal in 1988 after testing positive for stanozolol.

"It's a mildly strong to strong steroid," Dr. Gary Wadler, a professor at New York University and an expert in sports doping, told the Times. "Potent is the word I would use."

The person who said that Palmeiro tested positive for stanozolol did not want to be identified because the testing policy prohibits anyone in baseball from disclosing information about test results without authorization, the Times said.

The Baltimore Orioles first baseman was suspended by Major League Baseball for 10 days on Monday after testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug. The highest profiled player to be punished so far, Palmeiro testified before Congress in March that he "never used steroids."

Palmeiro didn't deny turning in a positive test, but was adamant it was an accident.

The test was taken some weeks after Palmeiro testified before Congress in March, meaning he is probably not at risk for perjury, the Times reported, citing a committee staff member who spoke to the newspaper on condition of anonymity because official statements are supposed to come from members of Congress.

The Baltimore Sun reported on its Web site Tuesday night that Palmeiro tested positive in May and chased his 3,000th hit with the knowledge that he had failed a drug test. Palmeiro appealed the ruling in secret arbitration proceedings in June, a source told the Sun.

The Sun also said that Congress is looking more closely into the chronology of Palmeiro's case and is poised to call on baseball to reveal more details: when his drug test was conducted, analyzed and disclosed to the player and the team. Some members also want officials to reveal what Palmeiro tested positive for.

The House Government Reform Committee was drafting a tentative information request Tuesday, the Sun said.

Palmeiro was the seventh player to fall under baseball's new, tougher steroids policy; Seattle Mariners right-hander Ryan Franklin became the eighth when he was also suspended 10 days for a violation Tuesday. Baseball does not release what type of drug a player has tested positive for, and so far none of the eight have spoken openly about details of their violations.

if this turns out to be true, Palmeiro better take some anti-nose growing steroids too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast