Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Stuff

Ok ppl I'm new to all this and need your help!!!!!!!!!
    I'm looking to buy a psp for someone and I'm just confused.
    What vertion sould I get? was told 1.5V is only one that allows homebrewing T/F if I get this vertion can I upgrade to any other vertion? If I get 2.0V does it have alot more to offer? and can this be downgraded?

Thank's all Roz (HELP ME PLEASE!)

2. Games   -   #42
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    1. You can only run homebrew (games, emulators, apps) on 1.0 or 1.5. Go with 1.5.

2. Well, 2.0 comes with the official Sony browser (which is nice), and lets you change your wallpaper (1.5 can do this with PSPersonalize)... nothing else too great...

3. Yeah 2.0 can be downgraded, only 2.0.

If you plan on running homemade games, emulators, and apps you want a 1.5 PSP...

3. Games   -   #43
    ok thanks its a bit clearer now But does 1.5V let you brows the internet + what exactly does homebrewing mean????? is it you can download games off the internet??? can you tell i'm not a games person he he!

4. Games   -   #44
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    1. You can only run homebrew (games, emulators, apps) on 1.0 or 1.5. Go with 1.5.
    Wrong, 2.0 can run homebrew too. It can't play .isos or anything, and only about 60-80% (can't remember exact number, somewhere between there) of homebrew works on 2.0 with the eboot loader, but it does work. Currently i have 2.0 with a snes emu, perfect for me now as i still only have the 32mb MS. Plus the official browser is infinately times better than any other substitute available right now

5. Games   -   #45
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by roz2383
    ok thanks its a bit clearer now But does 1.5V let you brows the internet + what exactly does homebrewing mean????? is it you can download games off the internet??? can you tell i'm not a games person he he!
    If you have:

1.5 - your safe

1.51 - upgrade to 2.0 then downgrade to 1.5
    1.52 - upgrade to 2.0 then downgrade to 1.5
    2.0 - you can choose to stay, or downgrade to 1.5 (what I did)

Youcan download homebrew browsers for 1.5 and use them if you have 1.5, but the sony one would be better (2.0). homebrewing meansw people who make the programs and they're not official (my definition ). you can download games off the net. If your not a games person, pspvideo9 can convert your movies into mp4 format (psp).

6. Games   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by mike45450
    Wrong, 2.0 can run homebrew too. It can't play .isos or anything, and only about 60-80% (can't remember exact number, somewhere between there) of homebrew works on 2.0 with the eboot loader, but it does work. Currently i have 2.0 with a snes emu, perfect for me now as i still only have the 32mb MS. Plus the official browser is infinately times better than any other substitute available right now
    2.0 has limited homebrew compared to 1.5. Also, that fanjita released tetris for 2.6!
    Last edited by maebach; 01-14-2006 at 05:29 PM.

7. Games   -   #47
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    lol answers your question, maybe you missed it

8. Games   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6

lol answers your question, maybe you missed it
    thanks for the correction, if spicker saw it, he'd flame to to death

9. Games   -   #49
    Wrong, 2.0 can run homebrew too. It can't play .isos or anything, and only about 60-80% (can't remember exact number, somewhere between there) of homebrew works on 2.0 with the eboot loader, but it does work. Currently i have 2.0 with a snes emu, perfect for me now as i still only have the 32mb MS. Plus the official browser is infinately times better than any other substitute available right now[/QUOTE]

whats isos and snes emu???

10. Games   -   #50
    psp games are in iso files when you download them. emu= emulator.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast