Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football thrashes other sports for excitement, scientists say

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    No shit, dude.

j2 mentioned the concept, to which I was referring. Getting an image in one's mind's eye of a ball going thro' a hoop isn't too complex for me.

Actually doing it is a bitch - even if I'm standing right by the basket
    Boy, you really are a banker, huh?
    Good one.

For a moment, I didn't get it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Boy, you really are a banker, huh?
    Good one.

Ya, it's complex. People who work in banks don't play sport too well. As opposed to security guards who positively excel.

But, see, in this case I'm not so sure because all that standing around outside Walmart j2 does, waiting for a 12 year old to steal a Twinkie or whatever, probably plays havoc with his circulation and may mean finger dexterity isn't what it once was.

Anyhow, the reason I know I suck is because the five-a-side soccer hall we play in once a week doubles as a basketball court and during the warm up I normally throw the ball at the hoop. Bit like Tim Lovejoy at the start of Soccer AM, except with better daps.

I almost never get it in
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    They should make the hoops bigger. Well it's only fair, they tried to make the goals bigger when USA hosted the World Cup.

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    Good one.

Ya, it's complex. People who work in banks don't play sport too well. As opposed to security guards who positively excel.

But, see, in this case I'm not so sure because all that standing around outside Walmart j2 does, waiting for a 12 year old to steal a Twinkie or whatever, probably plays havoc with his circulation and may mean finger dexterity isn't what it once was.

Anyhow, the reason I know I suck is because the five-a-side soccer hall we play in once a week doubles as a basketball court and during the warm up I normally throw the ball at the hoop. Bit like Tim Lovejoy at the start of Soccer AM, except with better daps.

I almost never get it in
    How far away are you? Shoot layups first then get farther away.

Don't rag on j2 about his job. I admire the elderly that still contribute to the work force. That social security check has to be supplemented some kinda way. Retirement is for biatches and rich folk.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    They should make the hoops bigger. Well it's only fair, they tried to make the goals bigger when USA hosted the World Cup.
    Why the fuck did they try to do that? Are our goals bigger or something?

When we play basketball we have to go by the FIFA rules for international play (even though we invented the game ). Now I heard there are rumblings of the NBA (or as Ali G calls it, The Nationwide Basketball Society) adopted FIFA rules.

I think they are pissed at losing the last Olympics and World Championships.

edit: actually j2 doesn't look that old. I've seen his picture and he looks like Tim Allen's sidekick on Home Improvement.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-06-2006 at 04:06 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #26
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain

Don't rag on j2 about his job. I admire the elderly that still contribute to the work force. That social security check has to be supplemented some kinda way. Retirement is for biatches and rich folk.
    early retirement would be cool. I dont even have a job but that's what my dad wants. Too bad he's gonna have to help pay my university bills.

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi

I almost never get it in
    How far away are you? Shoot layups first then get farther away.

I wasn't ragging on j2, the good lawd knows how I value the work people do to keep our confectionary secure - I too admire him. There are some pretty darn tough looking pre-teens around nowdays.

As to the shooting of hoops. I'm usually free-throw distance away. I'm not bothered about it and don't really wanna improve ... I'm just aware that I suck at it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Sports Club   -   #28
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I find it easier the further away you are. Too close, and looking up at the hoop just makes me all dizzy.

I too suck at basketball, it's fine.

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I admire the elderly...
    That is your sole positive characteristic and, as it turns out, your saving grace.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    I find it easier the further away you are. Too close, and looking up at the hoop just makes me all dizzy.

I too suck at basketball, it's fine.
    Use the damn backboard.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast