Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Car accident.

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    He has a police report. That is what the insurance companies will look at ultimately if he disputes the claims.
    I would add that I am telling him to accept reponsibilities for HIS actions and have made no comment on the other driver.

But let's see.

Duffman claims the other driver made an illegal left turn, but if that is where the junction is why is it illegal and did the cops issue him a ticket? how would one go about turning on offset junctions? I would like to know which state he lives in that has this 100 ft. "law" and if Duffman knows of any exceptions.
    (to give you an idea of what I am talking about think of the UK law of overtaking on the inside)
    Even if this other driver wasn't paying attention and did pull out when he should have waited it still doesn't excuse Duffman from not paying attention to his surroundings. He should be aware of other vehciles at junctions and be driving in a manner that he can anticipate "the carelessness of others"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    He should .... anticipate "the carelessness of others"

How the hell can you do that? If you thought like that about driving you'd end up walking and even then some careless fucker could run you over so really you should have stayed at home

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I would like to know which state he lives in that has this 100 ft. "law" and if Duffman knows of any exceptions.
    He's in New York, isn't he?

4. Lounge   -   #44
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    I would like to know which state he lives in that has this 100 ft. "law" and if Duffman knows of any exceptions.
    he even provided a satellite photo of the area via Google Earth

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa

he even provided a satellite photo of the area via Google Earth
    That's how I know too, Watson.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    He should .... anticipate "the carelessness of others"

How the hell can you do that? If you thought like that about driving you'd end up walking and even then some careless fucker could run you over so really you should have stayed at home
    How about you put the entire sentence instead of taking a couple of words

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by vid
    I would add that I am telling him to accept reponsibilities for HIS actions.
    He's doing so. He's taken pictures and is asking advice for what to do next.

He believes the other driver to be in the wrong, this has been backed up by a traffic cop, and now wants to ensure that the insurance company shares this view.

He is in a better position to judge whether he's in the right that we are.

It's fairly obvious to the unbiased observer that he is taking responsiblity for what he's done.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    manker's Avatar effendi

How about you put the entire sentence instead of taking a couple of words
    You mean like what you did here.

Surely you're not calling the kettle black, mr pot
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    From the Uk highway code but it is pretty much the same here.

104: The speed limit is the absolute maximum and does not mean it is safe to drive at that speed irrespective of conditions. Driving at speeds too fast for the road and traffic conditions can be dangerous. You should always reduce your speed when

* the road layout
    or condition presents hazards, such as bends
    * sharing the road with pedestrians and cyclists, particularly children, and motorcyclists
    * weather conditions make it safer to do so
    * driving at night as it is harder to see other road users.

Stopping distances

105: Drive at a speed that will allow you to stop well within the distance you can see to be clear. You should

* leave enough space between you and the vehicle in front so that you can pull up safely if it suddenly slows down or stops. The safe rule is never to get closer than the overall stopping distance (see Typical Stopping Distances diagram below)
    * allow at least a two-second gap between you and the vehicle in front on roads carrying fast traffic. The gap should be at least doubled on wet roads and increased still further on icy roads
    * remember, large vehicles and motorcycles need a greater distance to stop.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    This is getting ammusing, taking my mind of all the walking I have to do now that my car is wrecked, I have pics of the damage but its about 20 pics and 12 mb, if anyone has a good host let me know.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast