Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best p2p?

top25's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    You forgot to mention that on the eD2k network popular downloads tend to take very very long to start.
    http://fileserver2.jpghosting.com/images/fscbarpk2rh0_d8d89c48052201c26a69c381396e9950.png

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Curently LimeWire favourite!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Heheh true, and just curious for Music, not albums, (Such as single hits/songs) is it preferred to use Ares or Limewire Pro?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Opennap is great for singles, and more. Not only that, as you are on private servers, the chances of downloading fake files are minimised, as such users will be rapidly banned, and their names and IP addresses circulated to other opennap networks... All you have to do is pm the server owner, with the user's name. He or she will investigate, and remove such people,if found to be in possesion...within minutes of a such a complaint. Speeds can be very fast too, if you use a multi sourcing client, as Winlop...

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    DC++ hands down is THE best. I am messing with Grabit and the NZBs. So far I get nothing but txt files with 0kbs. Not sure what's going on there. I'll probably go back to DC++,much more reliable and I've always found what I need.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Old Fella
    Quote Originally Posted by kaspiahn
    DC++ hands down is THE best. I am messing with Grabit and the NZBs. So far I get nothing but txt files with 0kbs. Not sure what's going on there. I'll probably go back to DC++,much more reliable and I've always found what I need.
    This indicates you are using a newsroup with poor retention so the files you are trying to get are not on your newsgroups server

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    None of them are the "best", because it varies with how you define best...

Morpheus, KaZaA, LimeWire etc. are the easiest IMO, just connect and download easily, though these are not always best to get new releases and fast download speed. And many of these types have ad-ware/spy-ware.

eMule/eDonkey are quite easy too, you have to connect to servers and such, but ed2k links make it easy to use, though the speeds I myself get there are really bad.

Then we have BitTorrent, both easy and most of the time pretty fast.

My favorite, DC++, harder to use than the others IMO, though with access to private hubs you get the new stuff and good speeds

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    eD2k is very good for ebooks, and it has more files than bittorrents, but for new and big stuffs, bittorrent gives better speed

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Torrents and Limewire and ares sometime.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Really depends on what you need, for 0-day things, and lots of rare stuff old and new Torrents. More specifically private torrent sites, which are super fast in speed and releases. Same goes for newsgroups, but newsgroups might be harder to work with if your ISP limits how many GB u can download. IRC is another alternative to getting some things, it is not as 0-day as private torrents though. If you want to get ULTRA rare things, check out Emule/Edonkey. You can even find some things in other languages in there, like movies from other countries. Great for things like that but SUPER SUPER slow.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast