Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Battery Brand do you think is the best?

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Duracell usually, and I just got a 32-AA pack for $15.99 at Canadian Tire on discount. w00t w00t!
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Lol sorry guys Feet Per Second not Frames Per Second

Not only does it shoot further but hit shoots alot faster and harder. You can tell the difference immediately.
    Last edited by imasoldier; 04-10-2006 at 03:19 AM.
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n
    -----------------------------------

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    • Rechargeable NiMH (nicke-metal hydrid) batteries are THE best value for high drain gear. However, they discharge when not in use which makes them a poor choice for flashlights and other devices that sit idle a lot.

• Rechargeable alkaline cells are a waste of money unless you get a great price on them. They cost as much as rechaegeable NiMH batteries but can only be recharged maybe 1/12 as much. The only thing good about them is that they don't discharge while sitting idle. A waste unless you get a hook-up on price.

• Lithium disposables cost 4x as much as regular alkalines and only last almost twice as long. They do have a shelf life of 10 years compared the 5 of alkalines. A waste unless you get a hook-up on price.

• High drain disposable alkalines (e2 and Duracell Ultra) last longer than regular alkalines in gear that requires short bursts of energy like flash cameras. They also cost twice as much but don't last twice as long. A waste unless you get a hook-up on price.

• Regular alkalines have very little difference in brand. You basically should buy the generic brand since they last as long as the brand name batteries.

Duracell is one of the best examples of how marketing has fooled the consumer into believing they are the best. (Energizer is up there too)
    I know many folks who just can't stop buying Duracell. Duracell is in their heads as being the best but they don't know why. It's marketing.

Buy Rechargeable NiMH for high-drain gear.
    Buy low cost store brand alkalines for everything else.

edit: I did forget to mention that you wanna check to see if your gear CAN'T use NiMH batteries. There should be a disclosure.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-10-2006 at 09:11 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™

You basically should buy the generic brand since they last as long as the brand name batteries.

Buy low cost store brand alkalines for everything else.
    Bull. Duracell lasts around 10 hrs in my GBA, while generic brands lasts like 2hrs. Same goes for flashlights, toy cars, etc.

Duracell is better. Fact.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Odd that the ones you get, say, with a remote control for what-have-you, seem to work for years before needing replaced.
    Remotes sit idle often and use little power.

A Duracell vs. a Safeway grocery store brand would make little difference except you'll pay more for the Duracell.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Busyman, where would you rank NI-CD batteries?
    My good batteries are NiMH, but I allso have some cheap Ni-CD batteries that are a bit older, which dont last long in my flash light or mouse but since I bought the Ni-MH batteries I don't think i've had to charge the Ni-CDs, they're sitting in my remote. That's a long time to keep the charge.
    Last edited by tesco; 04-10-2006 at 03:31 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Ive got energizer recharagble and they seem to do well, that or duracell ftw.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Busyman, where would you rank NI-CD batteries?
    My good batteries are NiMH, but I allso have some cheap Ni-CD batteries that are a bit older, which dont last long in my flash light or mouse but since I bought the Ni-MH batteries I don't think i've had to charge the Ni-CDs, they're sitting in my remote. That's a long time to keep the charge.
    NiCads have way less capacity, suffer from memory problems, and you're not supposed to throw them in the trash.

The main good thing is they sometimes have a longer recharge cycle life. The industry has them pretty much obsolete.

Don't use NiMH or NiCad for flashlights or smoke detectors. They self-discharge. I would think a mouse would be fine since that is used often.

Also the reason NiMH (and NiCads) don't work with all gear properly is because they have a lower voltage than alkalines.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I use duracell...to power my rabbit .. http://www.duracell.com/nl/

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    My battery hens last well and I get more eggs that way.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast