Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max Payne

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by adam_tomlinson@1 May 2003 - 08:19
    you can definately update the rip, i had to do it for my mate on his computer with windows xp for the problem you're having. although i've also got win xp and had no problems. if you get the official patch install that and then find a no-cd crack at megagames.com i'm pretty sure thats how i did it.
    I stand corrected. I still had the rip version of Max Payne, but I never tried to patch it because most game patches require the original .exe. But because of this post I decided to try it, and it worked! Here's how I did it...

1. I got the official 1.05 retail patch from http://www.bluesnews.com/files/maxpayne/pa...1-05patch.shtml

2. When I opened it, it said "Unable to find Max Payne on your system", but it gave the option to browse for it manually. I directed the installer to my rip folder and it proceeded to apply the patch!

3. When I tried to start the game it said to insert the CD, so I simply went to Megagames.com and downloaded the 1.05 No CD crack. Now it works fine again, and my old saves still work.

Of course I don't know if this will solve winXPHE's original problem (since I have 98), but it's worth a shot. Thanks again for the info, Adam!

2. Games   -   #12
    or u can download and burn the cloneCD file from shareactor. It works perfectly and since it is the exact copy, u dont need no-cd cracks. (IT can be burned very easily using ClonedCD)
    -TiMz

3. Games   -   #13
    10x ppl for all the replys. i came back n couldnt find this post. n i got it now after a lot of searching. ill try everything u suggested n get back to u.
    10x again for all the help

4. Games   -   #14
    YES!!! it does WORK!!
    10x to all who helpmed out wit tis. luv u ppl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12