Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Fearless - Jet Li (2006)

good2go38756's Avatar Thats Mr. nOOb
    Oh yeah by the way Jet Li just took the lead role in director Yuen Wo-Ping new period/martial art epic "THE GREAT WALL";Zou Jingzhi is now working on the script, which is still just a rough storyline. The movie is talking about defending homeland and fighting the nomadic invaders.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by good2go38756 View Post
    Well mr. nails did it work for you if not i can try something else also just picked up some movies on yesasia.com and they had "the duelist box/collector's set"
    yeah, i got the torrent u posted be4 u replied and i got anther not knowing it was french. the french version was perfect quality, but sound was dog shit crappy. that rm version is a little less perfect quality, but GREAT none-the-same and has GREAT sound w/eng subs! thx for bringing this back to my attention. i have it and need to watch it. also, thx for that bt asian forum as well. if i can ever get in...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    If there's one thing to learn about aging martial arts stars, it's to not take their projected career plans too seriously, especially when they say they're getting out of the kung fu business. Wu-JIng.org recently spied a report in Chinese media that Tsui Hark may be recruiting Jet Li for his latest martial arts pic tentatively titled Shaolin Fighter.

Li Bing-bing (Dragon Squad) may costar in the film, which is expected to begin shooting sometime this year. Along with a slew of other projects in the making, Tsui Hark is also in the pre-production phase of Seven Swords 2.

News regarding Shaolin Fighter would back an earlier rumor that Li was interested in returning to the subject that spawned his film career, namely Shaolin Temple.

Li's current movie Fearless is being marketed as his last martial arts epic following the actor's previous claim in Chinese media that he would stop making martial arts movies, in part due to health concerns related to an old screen fighting injury. However, this statement, which was widely publicized internationally was later corrected by some news sources as being misquoted in translation.

For some time Li has had somewhat of a love-hate relationship with the martial arts movies he stars in. As a devout Buddhist, Li isn't too keen on promoting violence and yet it's his ability to beat the tar out of bad guys onscreen that keeps his fans happy.

A string of Hollywood productions that have generally disappointed his core fan base despite their modest commercial success and the realities of becoming an aging action star have also likely been on Li's mind. But success is hard to ignore and with the release of Fearless this year, Li is finding himself back on top.

If Sylvester Stallone, Li's senior by 17 years, can go one more round as Rocky Balboa (2006) then Jet Li should most certainly have a few more kicks left in him. And with the right scripts and direction, I'm sure he'll discover that fans will be happy to see him grow old gracefully onscreen as so many other iconic action stars of the past have managed to do.

Source: Wu-Jing.org

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    According to the Associated Press, a movie that will star both Jackie Chan and Jet Li is moving forward.

"All the hurdles have been overcome. The only problem left is the script," Chan told The Associated Press. "We need a script that he approves and I approve. If that goes well, shooting will start in March or April in Shanghai."

Regarding the plot for the upcoming film, Chan said, "It will be more American-style. It will be more suited to foreign audiences than Chinese audiences," he said. "If you make a Hollywood movie, of course you have to follow their wishes. They're paying us so much money."

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Quote Originally Posted by good2go38756 View Post
    "If you make a Hollywood movie, of course you have to follow their wishes. They're paying us so much money."
    Well yes, the allmighty "Bollywood" interests...
    That's why your latest movies suck "a bit" Jackie...

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    yeah, i read about this earlier and have been waiting for something like this for awhile. while i will watch this and am hoping it will be good they've already tainted it by stating it will be more american based opposed to chinese. seems pretty gay as to american kung-fu movies tend to be garbage.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    it was ok i think. the action is always nice but story wise his movies usually arent that good.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345