Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo Wii ~ Full System Info!

can I curse? FUCK!
    How can you say "And new controller" so casually? The wiimote is something innovative and will give way to new types of games. You have to actually move around and play, not just sit on your ass which is good for us fat people .

Edit: Just found a new article that proves Wii's godliness! (It's related to the game Spore) http://news.spong.com/article/10495?cb=717
    Last edited by Shiranai_Baka; 08-02-2006 at 06:29 PM.

2. Games   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    How can you say "And new controller" so casually? The wiimote is something innovative and will give way to new types of games. You have to actually move around and play, not just sit on your ass which is good for us fat people .

Edit: Just found a new article that proves Wii's godliness! (It's related to the game Spore) http://news.spong.com/article/10495?cb=717
    Uh yeah and I'm not going to want to play games like that all the time.

I thought the Eyetoy and DDR were innovative too. Am I really gonna play Madden by imitating throwing a pass to receiver? I supposed it would be cool the first coupla times then I'm gonna sit on my ass and play the old way. Some games will be cool for that type of play but not ALL of them ALL the time.

Also this controller is not new....it's a Xavix on a Fresh And New system. I tell you what'll be cool. Make a boxing game where I put on boxing gloves and the system can sense my punches, blocks, ducks, and parries.

Again this new controller could've been made for the GC. It's a GC 1.5.

"Hey look at the GC's new controller and downloadable content" (that, btw, is on every emulator made)
    Last edited by Busyman™; 08-04-2006 at 11:19 PM.

3. Games   -   #13
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    If graphics aren't everything...what's the point of the new system?

As far as I'm concerned:

Old school roms are nothing new
    The new controller could have been on the GC

Basically the Wii is nothing more than a smaller box, with internet access, and new controller.

Don't get me wrong. Good games are games but right now I'm stoked about M$'s upcoming games more than the Wii. Even the PS3 is looking good.

The GC was already a waste. My library of bought games was paltry in comparision to even my Xbox. I don't want to reup on a console for $250 (or even $200) based on what the Wii has to offer. Playing a newer fun Mario/Metroid game with a new fangled controller isn't enough.

The Wii is just a case of Fresh and New Syndrome.
    Yeah, one of the worst buying decisions i've ever made in my life was buying a NGC all because i wanted to try out one game (metroid prime). im sure as hell not buying this new Wii system, even if it has that "awesome" shooting game. Really there's a reason why nintendo has been selling fewer units since super nintendo.
    Judging the specs of the nintendo Wii, it shouldn't be too difficult to emulate it on the computer after a year or two, or will it?

Sales of recent nintendo system (courtesy wikipedia.org)

NES: 60 million sold
    Snes: 69 million sold
    N64: 35 million sold
    NGC: 21 million

Xbox: 24 million shipped
    PSX:102 million shipped
    PS2:106.23 million shipped
    Last edited by Formula1; 08-03-2006 at 06:37 AM.

4. Games   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1 View Post

As far as I'm concerned:

Basically the Wii is nothing more than a smaller box, with internet access, and new controller.

Don't get me wrong. Good games are games but right now I'm stoked about M$'s upcoming games more than the Wii. Even the PS3 is looking good.

The GC was already a waste. My library of bought games was paltry in comparision to even my Xbox. I don't want to reup on a console for $250 (or even $200) based on what the Wii has to offer. Playing a newer fun Mario/Metroid game with a new fangled controller isn't enough.

The Wii is just a case of Fresh and New Syndrome.
    Yeah, one of the worst buying decisions i've ever made in my life was buying a NGC all because i wanted to try out one game (metroid prime). im sure as hell not buying this new Wii system, even if it has that "awesome" shooting game. Really there's a reason why nintendo has been selling fewer units since super nintendo.
    Judging the specs of the nintendo Wii, it shouldn't be too difficult to emulate it on the computer after a year or two, or will it?

Sales of recent nintendo system (courtesy wikipedia.org)

NES: 60 million sold
    Snes: 69 million sold
    N64: 35 million sold
    NGC: 21 million

Xbox: 24 million shipped
    PSX:102 million shipped
    PS2:106.23 million shipped
    Based on the new controller and comparative price point, I think it'll outsell the GC though.

The only reason I have a GC is because it was a present.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 08-03-2006 at 10:06 PM.

5. Games   -   #15
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    think about it GC had like what 5 good games? This Wii may or maynot be the same, i think its unknown at this point...but it will sell alot more because of its price...that is a fact

6. Games   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Jihad View Post
    think about it GC had like what 5 good games? This Wii may or maynot be the same, i think its unknown at this point...but it will sell alot more because of its price...that is a fact
    Fresh and New Syndrome.

What happened with the Xbox/GC/PS2 wars (since I have all 3) was that the only games I bought for the GC were the decent exclusives.

RE4 being the best (at the time, I know it's o PS2 now) and that was rare 3rd party goodness.

If I was a 3rd party developer, I sure as hell wouldn't want to develop exclusively for the Wii.

The user base would be small and to top it off, the system has shit in terms of horsepower (both in comparison to the other consoles).

I know fanboys will latch on to the few good games that will come out and use that as evidence of a good system. For me, a Xbox or PS3 will give me more variety and bang for my buck....even though they cost more.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 08-04-2006 at 11:20 PM.

7. Games   -   #17
    Nintendo is known for producing great quality games and having inventive visuals I'm pretty sure that is gonna be the case with the Wii I was just wondering since the disk seem to be compatiable to Dvd-5/-9 could their be a way to atleast duplicate the games even if the software for the system has not been cracked or bypassed? That was the main reason why I did not invest in the gamecube although they had great games like celda and viewtiful joe was I was weary about backing up the 8cm dvd roms you need to have a specific dvd disc in order for it to work sometimes which drove a friends of mine crazy. regardless I want to thank the poster of this post for giving all this ino on the Wii. And also the guy who does the marketing advertising...I believe his name is shamir something did great work on advertising for the ds..and please peeps if I got the name of the guy wrong dont flame me for it. Long live Filesharingtalk.com

8. Games   -   #18
    u people complaining about Wii being weak compared to the new consoles dont know what ur talking about at all. the Wii is NOT a next gen console, Nintendo has said this. the Wii shouldnt be compared to the Xbox 360 or PS3 at all because those are both next-gen console... The Wii is a gamecube with bigger disks, a new controller, and a built in emulator.. thats why it has a cheap opening price.. thats why its not as strong as the next gen consoles.

own.T

9. Games   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerrought View Post
    u people complaining about Wii being weak compared to the new consoles dont know what ur talking about at all. the Wii is NOT a next gen console, Nintendo has said this. the Wii shouldnt be compared to the Xbox 360 or PS3 at all because those are both next-gen console... The Wii is a gamecube with bigger disks, a new controller, and a built in emulator.. thats why it has a cheap opening price.. thats why its not as strong as the next gen consoles.

own.T
    No shit. Already been said.

As far as I'm concerned:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12