View Poll Results: What kind of gamer are you?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC

51 65.38%
  • Console Xbox/360

7 8.97%
  • Console Playstation

9 11.54%
  • Conslole more than 1 console

8 10.26%
  • Mobile gamer

2 2.56%
  • Gaming? Is that when you shoot mooses?

1 1.28%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gamer are you?

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i too wanted to pick pc and ps2. i love my ps2, but barely get around to it. i'm a die hard fps fan on the pc and a die hard rpg fan on the console. any console that is, but ps2 is probably which one i like the best atm. yes, good thing for emulation! i can play all my old school rpg's from the past from the nes and "RockNES" is the best! my vote went for PC. as for the far cry saves... um, that was fixed a long time ago. lol, u CAN save anywhere. u don't use patches? anyway, currently playing css and FEAR! css is good, but imo it still needs work. i'm finding myself playing more and more FEAR! CTF, CTF, & CTF! that's all u need to know and the fact that i DO own u.

Austin FEAR CTF serv!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Games   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I have a Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox. I also have games for the PC.

I rarely play any of my games and many are still shrink-wrapped. I was known among my friends as the one that would conquer a game in short time but now I don't have the time and when I do, I don't play games as much. Run-On

I absolutely hate turn-based RPGs (I think they are for geeks). They may have 80-plus hours of gaming simply cos of a number of hour long turn-based fights.

I am waiting for the abilty to mod a Xbox 360 and then I'll get that. There are some really great games coming for that (I'd have to buy Madden though).

I am not a fanboy of any system (no console or PC). They all have their disadvantages.

For the PC I'm going to get a Logictech 8-button mouse. That should give me the ability to nix most of the keyboard "play".

If I get a Wii, it will be for the 10 (probably less) or so good exclusives. I won't hold my breath though. The mileage versus cost for even a GC was absofucknlootlee harrree-ble.

The PS3 is must buy if Blu-Ray takes off...but that might be the reason Blu-Ray takes off....what a paradox.

The 360 has value right now. However, at $60 a game, they can duck sick (lysdexia). Only elite games warrant a purchase. Taking a chance on a game is not in the cards anymore.

The great advantage that the PC had in graphics is no more now that HD consoles are here.

PCs are great for: getting games free, mouse for FPSs, exclusives, and the greatest number of emulators

The Wii is great for: exclusives, "Xavix" controller exclusive games

The 360 and PS3 are unknowns somewhat. I really don't know what games on the 360 will also be for the PS3 (Halo excluded of course). However, the 360 is here now. The PS3 is problably half a year away (or more).

This is one reason why I'm waiting for a modded 360.

Last go round the Xbox was my goto console. All cross console games were best on the Xbox (besides a few).

This go round I'm thinking the PS3 will be the goto console. My thought is that all these "exclusive" 360 games won't be come next year. The best move M$ could have made was to come out first.

The best value and mileage for your buck last go round goes to the PS2. It was backward compatible and going strong the longest before the next incarnation.

The worst was the GC for it's paltry number of good games and lack of 3rd party support.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 08-25-2006 at 11:51 PM.

3. Games   -   #13
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    PC, For me but I play my ps2 and gamcube, and Nintendo ds every once in awhile but Im usually playing on the pc!
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

4. Games   -   #14
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    PC > nintendo DS > PSP > everything else.

the wii might be good if the online is as simple as the DS. animal crossing DS multiplayer is the one of the few things that can call itself "next-gen". i'd call that ability to tick one (well i think it's closer to three, but so what) thing to let other people into your singleplayer game is what should be worked on more. imagine playing cops and robbers on gta without even knowing if your enemy is AI or human

5. Games   -   #15
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Now I'm mostly PC, though I had one of these back in the day.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Games   -   #16
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    PC Gamer, with some console gaming every now and then.

Oh, and handhelds. PSP + Devhook + 4GB MS = The shit.

7. Games   -   #17
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by frazer View Post
    im i command and couquer is my thing
    I love Command and Conquer series. I just finished downloading the C&C: First Decade and I'm lovin' it, especially Red Alert 1 with the blocky gfx, but hey, it's just so damn addictive
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

8. Games   -   #18
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    PC gamer for life! Although i may be getting a Wii next year...

9. Games   -   #19

Cool

well i am am PC Gamer n it rocks , n far better in furure proof as one can afford new tech on pc, where as console one has to stick with same graphics the year it is bought n after few years its the same , one might have noticed oblivion frame drops on xbox360, whereas on pc loaded with proper hardware it just rocks, where as pc is like a blackhole u just keep putting new tech it wil consume that also , but still consloes stand noway near when o compared to FPS or strategy games , n every best looking game is available on pc n coming to pc. so PC is the best

10. Games   -   #20
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    Now I'm mostly PC, though I had one of these back in the day.

i just wanted to repost this pic again! i miss my 8-bit childhood days... repressed?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast