Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you get paid an hour?

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Your personal income IS important, but the household income isn't.

It means jack all if your partner earns £50K. If you don't earn at least £10K you're not getting a credit card ( with us anyway, it does vary from company to company) unless you have assets you get an income from. Like property, or shares etc...
    Oh ok okay. Around here SSN is the most important. Knowing anothers income level is not. Income level is not a security key here. Household income on credit apps is very important. Child support can even be included yet it has

Don't know what an SSN nr is but I assume it's like an NI nr here. Not necessary for any type of application.
    nothing to do with your work.

To steal an identity, the basic foundation of what one needs are

SSN
    Full name
    Address
    Employer

The last three can be found almost anywhere. The first cannot. However, once it is found, it is easy as hell to steal an identity and that's why ID theft runs rampant. All one needs to do is give a new address, state the old one, and claim they've moved. All of a sudden the victim never sees a bill yet they are billed....at the new address (and the bills hit the trash).
    Last edited by Busyman™; 08-27-2006 at 02:03 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #102
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Yeah but what has busy told us about himself. What he does for a living, where he works, his colour and height, nature of his injuries, where his house is, with a description of it, how much land he has round it, how many people live in his house, the type of car he drives, what his hourly rate is.

How on Earth would anyone have any prospect of identifying him.
    While this is probably a little late to the thread, busy would probably make use of the guns in each room of his house.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Lounge   -   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    You know I'm old school but always thought it was wrong to mention what one makes an hour . Asking what one does for a living can be deceiving tho .

I say I work in a warehouse people shun me , I mention that I run the union warehouse and its different . I'm on salary but its about $60.000 a year with a bi yearly bonus or $23.00 an hour . Benefits are harder to judge, my family's dental and medical are also covered and I get 4 weeks holidays. Time allowed off to spend with my sons sports is priceless tho , it can't be figured in .
    Wrong is in the eye of the beholder....if your uncomfortable don't worry about anwering it...appears many people are very uncomfortable about it.... but a lot of us are not and those are the people that give the answers I was curious about.... although i did enjoy some of the off-topic discussions (except when Mr. Jp fugley and Proper bo decided to have their nonsense ramblings in this thread)...

4. Lounge   -   #104
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    are you the guy that makes me unable to piss in pub toilets?

5. Lounge   -   #105
    No offense (to your first) but so what, this is the internet. I don't realllllly know you. Some people don't have a bug up their ass about working in a warehouse and only twats will shun them for it.

It seems like coppercox makes more than me. Good for him.

Rip makes less than me. So what. I'm no better than he is. I used to do the same work to a much lesser degree.

Again, if one has problems with announcing such things, don't announce it. When asked "what do you do for a living?"(old thread) many gave bogus responses or no response at all.

I don't make a ton of money and have to bargain hunt for many material items. I'd love to be rich but I'm not. So the fuck what.
    Well said...I tried to say it but I'm tired so I have not much thinking cells left for the night... Hard day at work but fun! put in 10 hours and am spent...too tired to even drink a beer....

6. Lounge   -   #106
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    lol...i don't think so...why would I have anything to do with your inability to urinate?

you may be in the wrong thread: this thread asked how much you make an hour? you may want to check the thread: who is the guy that makes me unable to piss in pub toilets? Therein lies your answer....

7. Lounge   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by coppercox View Post
    lol...i don't think so...why would I have anything to do with your inability to urinate?

you may be in the wrong thread: this thread asked how much you make an hour? you may want to check the thread: who is the guy that makes me unable to piss in pub toilets? Therein lies your answer....
    ok. i'll make the thread now.

8. Lounge   -   #108
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by coppercox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    You know I'm old school but always thought it was wrong to mention what one makes an hour . Asking what one does for a living can be deceiving tho .

I say I work in a warehouse people shun me , I mention that I run the union warehouse and its different . I'm on salary but its about $60.000 a year with a bi yearly bonus or $23.00 an hour . Benefits are harder to judge, my family's dental and medical are also covered and I get 4 weeks holidays. Time allowed off to spend with my sons sports is priceless tho , it can't be figured in .
    Wrong is in the eye of the beholder....if your uncomfortable don't worry about anwering it...appears many people are very uncomfortable about it.... but a lot of us are not and those are the people that give the answers I was curious about.... although i did enjoy some of the off-topic discussions (except when Mr. Jp fugley and Proper bo decided to have their nonsense ramblings in this thread)...
    I'm not uncomfortable about answering the question. It's just crass to ask.

9. Lounge   -   #109
    i don't have any kids or responsibilities yet. so in my young hippy brain i think people who really give a shit about other peoples hourly wage are not nice people

10. Lounge   -   #110
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    i don't have any kids or responsibilities yet. so in my young hippy brain i think people who really give a shit about other peoples hourly wage are not nice people
    That's about the size of it. The young, like your good self don't give a shit. The old, like me, think it's dreadfully rude to ask. There are obviously those to whom it seems a reasonable question, tho' I can't even begin to imagine why they would be interested in other people's income. Unless it's to assist in the pigeon-holing process.

It may however be a cultural thing. Perhaps we are just more reserved than our colonial cousins. Tho' I suspect that j2, clocker etc may also feel it a rude question.

Maybe it's an unsubtle way of declaring your own income. i.e. Rather than say "Look at me, I'm doing fine". You ask "what do you earn, I earn ..."

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast