Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you get paid an hour?

Well, my home is valued at $129,000 and going up every year. I have to fight the appraisals every year (have for the past 5) because they keep raising my property value: their excuse is that the market is "hot" whatever the f that means.... 2800 square feet on two lots in the central part of a city with over 200,000 population....lots of building projects going up around here so I can see them forcing the lower income out to make way for higher ones. They've torn down 4 square miles of slums to build new walmart, restaurants, 5 story hotel, townhouses, apartment homes...etc.

Even with deductions I'm paying at the end. Think it was $300 last year I owed... i haven't gotten a refund in probably 6 years!

Don't know why there isn't a state income tax... I know whatever Governor brings that to a vote will not be Governor next election so maybe that is why!!! They do have a sales tax of 8% and of course the lottery which generated over a billion dollars last year for Texas!
    Last edited by coppercox; 08-26-2006 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Answer another question.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by coppercox View Post
    Well, my home is valued at $129,000 and going up every year. I have to fight the appraisals every year (have for the past 5) because they keep raising my property value: their excuse is that the market is "hot" whatever the f that means.... 2800 square feet on two lots in the central part of a city with over 200,000 population....lots of building projects going up around here so I can see them forcing the lower income out to make way for higher ones. They've torn down 4 square miles of slums to build new walmart, restaurants, 5 story hotel, townhouses, apartment homes...etc.

Even with deductions I'm paying at the end. Think it was $300 last year I owed... i haven't gotten a refund in probably 6 years!

Don't know why there isn't a state income tax... I know whatever Governor brings that to a vote will not be Governor next election so maybe that is why!!! They do have a sales tax of 8% and of course the lottery which generated over a billion dollars last year for Texas!
    Yeah I'm trying to add another bathroom and finish my basement and of course the state won't know about it....that is not until I'm ready to move.

At that cost for your home (I couldn't find a home for that cost 'round here), your hourly wage, and the 15% + 300 bones you pay, you are living like a king.

The way I can halfway live like a king is to bargain hunt. I don't pay full price for anything if I can help it.

Btw, the housing market is cooling off big time up here. I love where I live but I've been thinking about moving again so I cn get more land.

3. Lounge   -   #83
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    You know I'm old school but always thought it was wrong to mention what one makes an hour . Asking what one does for a living can be deceiving tho .

I say I work in a warehouse people shun me , I mention that I run the union warehouse and its different . I'm on salary but its about $60.000 a year with a bi yearly bonus or $23.00 an hour . Benefits are harder to judge, my family's dental and medical are also covered and I get 4 weeks holidays. Time allowed off to spend with my sons sports is priceless tho , it can't be figured in .

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    You know I'm old school but always thought it was wrong to mention what one makes an hour . Asking what one does for a living can be deceiving tho .

I say I work in a warehouse people shun me , I mention that I run the union warehouse and its different . I'm on salary but its about $60.000 a year with a bi yearly bonus or $23.00 an hour . Benefits are harder to judge, my family's dental and medical are also covered and I get 4 weeks holidays. Time allowed off to spend with my sons sports is priceless tho , it can't be figured in .
    No offense (to your first) but so what, this is the internet. I don't realllllly know you. Some people don't have a bug up their ass about working in a warehouse and only twats will shun them for it.

It seems like coppercox makes more than me. Good for him.

Rip makes less than me. So what. I'm no better than he is. I used to do the same work to a much lesser degree.

Again, if one has problems with announcing such things, don't announce it. When asked "what do you do for a living?"(old thread) many gave bogus responses or no response at all.

I don't make a ton of money and have to bargain hunt for many material items. I'd love to be rich but I'm not. So the fuck what.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    How do you figure out the yearly salary from your hourly?

6. Lounge   -   #86
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post

hourly wage X 2080 hours

7. Lounge   -   #87
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post

hourly wage X 2080 hours
    Assuming you get paid leave and work 40 hours a week.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    If there's more than a £2000 difference in the income you quote as your own it DOES get flagged up

fact

The household income is irrelevant. It might increase your initial credit limit, but that's about it. You don't even have to give it if you don't want to.
    And as JP said, if you are found to fraudulently apply for a credit card, which includes lying about your income, you get marked by the credit reference agencies and the fraud agencies.

My point stands.
    Someone's income is a crucial piece of information if you were thinking about stealing someone's identity.

BTW
    They blocked this website at work

9. Lounge   -   #89
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I bought a new car on a credit card a couple of weeks ago. Mrs JP's new one. I did it on a whim, because they wanted a £200 deposit and I only had £160 on me. I couldn't be arsed going to the bank down the road.

It was quite funny actually. We went into the showroom and decided we wanted the car. We also liked the lad that showed us it. However he then said that he couldn't actually sell it to us as he was a used car salesman and it had to be a new car salesman who dealt with us.

I said "Gordon, tell your boss that we want to buy this car, from you and that if he insists that someone else does it then I'll go elsewhwere"

He went away and came back a few minutes later saying "Good Morning Mr Fugley, my name is Gordon and 'll be your salesman today."

True story.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

10. Lounge   -   #90
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I don't have any credit cards and probably will never have one after realising credit card companies are nothing but legalised loan sharks

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast