Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney To Begin Renting 'self-destructing' Dvds

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Shit, oh well for that week long "Little Mermaid Marathon Slumber Party" i was gonna have in a few weeks....

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    One good thing is if someone finds a cheap way to stop the destruction you can just stop it then keep the DVD forever since they don't expect it back ;o).

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    removed

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    definately, im calling my congressman monday, first thing... my guy and girl friends will all be so disapointed... its usually an annual event...

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    Disney is getting Senile, no doubt. I have completely no idea how this would work out.
    How would a disc be considered 'rented' if the store renting it out is never going to get it back??
    This is plain dumb and near the end, they say that the DVD can still be manipulated (burnt, copied) during the first 48 hours, so what's the use of this??

SO that people will rent more but never return the discs?? I would stick to using disney's finance for researching on better alternatives then to waste a whole lot of DVDs with funny chemicals on it and have a truckload of blacked out DVDs in the trash. Shows us how wasteful and spoilt Disney is with their capital, wasting DVDs like that. MIckey Mouse is not gonna save you on this one Disney!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    does thismean i can try burn it, and then it blows up in my face and i can claim compo ? ??

The way of the wog.

ooopz, i just red that thing, and i didnt notice it sais that after 24 hours it dont work.... but u can burn it anyways...BUT do they really blow up ? if so, i will be claiming compo all da time =-D

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    yeh......and an even bigger hole in the ozone layer no doubt when they dispose of these discs!!!
    Nice one Disney, thats very ecologically sound of you!!!
    Who the f@#ks gonna hire a disc thats gonna cost more money and knacker after a while......it`s like shopping for frozen food, we`ll have to rush home before it melts.

cheers,
    Bass.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Come ON THE TOON!

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Oh well who cares. Just make a copy of the dvd and you dont need to be worried about it. Or put one of the plastic coats that are meant to protect your cd from scratches on it. It will stop any oxygen getting in. If you dont wanna do either just use kazaa;-) BTW i dont think the enviromentalists will allow this. Oh if someone finds a way around it then....we will start having dvds for around £3 which is what they really should be priced at.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    loooooooooooooooool lol lol self destructing videos thats just jks man wat is this world comin tooo???????lol

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast