Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Palestine Or Israel?

Q: What do hamas and the israeli army have in common?
    A: They want to kill innocent civilians on the other side.

Q: Why are they different?
    A: Because the israeli army doesn't tell the public that they are trying to kill civilians.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by The Knife Thrower@18 June 2003 - 04:34
    Q: What do hamas and the israeli army have in common?
    A: They want to kill innocent civilians on the other side.

A: Because the israeli army doesn't tell the public that they are trying to kill civilians.
    the second question can also be answered;
    A: Hamas utilises 'human bombs' snipers and shoulder launched rockets, funded by extremists and the palestinian diaspora.
    While the IDF utilises the latest military technologies such as apache helicopter gunships and armoured bulldozers, subsidised by the US tax payers.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by echidna@17 June 2003 - 22:49

A: Hamas utilises 'human bombs' snipers and shoulder launched rockets, funded by extremists and the palestinian diaspora.
    While the IDF utilises the latest military technologies such as apache helicopter gunships and armoured bulldozers, subsidised by the US tax payers.
    I'm sure that the dead on both sides really appreciate your finely drawn distinction.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@17 June 2003 - 13:28
    It's a little more than semantics Ratfaced. The Palestinians are not provided with the cutting edge in US military hardware and expertise so they can carry out atrocities with more efficiency.

Also no one here is trying to pretend that the Palestinian terrorists are a civilized democratic organisation.

These 2 important facts seem lost on jk24
    Nothing lost here-

Your first fact is irrelevant, however regretful.

The second is disingenuous; what right do Palestinian terrorists have to free land so as to form a country?

I would rather any lands foregone by Israel be earmarked for non-terrorist Palestinians; the terrorists should be hunted down and executed.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+18 June 2003 - 14:55--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 18 June 2003 - 14:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-echidna@17 June 2003 - 22:49

A: Hamas utilises &#39;human bombs&#39; snipers and shoulder launched rockets, funded by extremists and the palestinian diaspora.
    I&#39;m sure that the dead on both sides really appreciate your finely drawn distinction. [/b][/quote]
    if the dead could draw anything they wouldn&#39;t be dead

it&#39;s the living [mostly the tax payers] who i think should be concerned about the distinction, (apart from anything else human bombs are much cheaper than helicopters) i guess every arms sale means american jobs, right.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by echidna+18 June 2003 - 00:35--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (echidna @ 18 June 2003 - 00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by clocker@18 June 2003 - 14:55
    <!--QuoteBegin-echidna
    @17 June 2003 - 22:49

A: Hamas utilises &#39;human bombs&#39; snipers and shoulder launched rockets, funded by extremists and the palestinian diaspora.

I&#39;m sure that the dead on both sides really appreciate your finely drawn distinction.

it&#39;s the living [mostly the tax payers] who i think should be concerned about the distinction, (apart from anything else human bombs are much cheaper than helicopters) i guess every arms sale means american jobs, right. [/b][/quote]
    Clocker-

Echidna petitions to disallow your metaphor; how do you answer the request?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    If the dead were still alive they&#39;d be turning in their graves...

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98
    Your first fact is irrelevant, however regretful.
    If you and the majority of Americans cant see the connection between the first fact, a 36 year occupation funded and supported by the USA, 2 billion dollars worth of military aid each year and 9/11 then I&#39;m afraid you guys will not see the end of terrorism for many years. Your right though, this is certainly regretful for all concerned. Particularly for your allies in Europe who will act as a &#39;buffer&#39; due to them being an easier target for Al-Queda to reach.

The second is disingenuous; what right do Palestinian terrorists have to free land so as to form a country?
    The second fact is anything but disingenuous. We&#39;ve covered this "A civilized democracy shouldn&#39;t use the same tactics as terrorists" point 3 times now and you still avoid it. Again, your making statements without justifying them. Although I have to ask you, if the people who commit terrorist atrocities don&#39;t deserve the land, then do you agree that no-one who has served in the Israeli army deserves the land either?

btw I&#39;m still waiting for an explanation of why my views are contrarian.

I would rather any lands foregone by Israel be earmarked for non-terrorist Palestinians;
    Again I simply don&#39;t believe you. When S+A was arguing that the Palestinians should be driven from the land and that all Muslims are evil, you did nothing to distance yourself from his views. In fact you tried to make them more acceptable by diluting his rhetoric and attempting to put a PC spin on it. Add to this your utter lack of concern for the Palestinian civilians who have been systematically murdered for over 30 years and you will see why I find it hard to believe you.

Put it this way, if someone were agreeing with me, yet justified ethnic cleansing and stated that "all Jews are evil" I would swiftly distance myself from that individual.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99
    EBP,

For the record, would you please state on which side of this debate your sympathies lie.
    One word will suffice.
    Palestine?
    Israel?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #100
    Originally posted by j2k4+17 June 2003 - 23:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 17 June 2003 - 23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by echidna@18 June 2003 - 00:35
    Originally posted by clocker@18 June 2003 - 14:55
    <!--QuoteBegin-echidna
    @17 June 2003 - 22:49

I&#39;m sure that the dead on both sides really appreciate your finely drawn distinction.

it&#39;s the living [mostly the tax payers] who i think should be concerned about the distinction, (apart from anything else human bombs are much cheaper than helicopters) i guess every arms sale means american jobs, right.
    Clocker-

Echidna petitions to disallow your metaphor; how do you answer the request? [/b][/quote]
    Echidna may wish to petition his English instructors.
    The verb in that sentence is "appreciate".
    "Finely drawn" would be a adverbial modifier of "description".

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast