Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Kermit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    I believe the creator created itself (or always was) rather than dirt created itself.
    I'm trying to think of a response to this, but it's so ridiculous I can't stop laughing, especially from someone with the words "Use Logic Or STFU!" under his name.

Surely it would be better to say you don't know than to come up with stuff like this?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Is this the sort of thing you're on about, busy?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    I believe the creator created itself (or always was) rather than dirt created itself.
    I'm trying to think of a response to this, but it's so ridiculous I can't stop laughing, especially from someone with the words "Use Logic Or STFU!" under his name.

Surely it would be better to say you don't know than to come up with stuff like this?
    that's the thing that gets me. god has always been invented and reinvented simply because people won't admit they don't know

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

I don't see what's so hard to understand.

The lot of you believe that dirt, wind, fire, whateverthefuck just popped in with no beginning decision. You believe that the rules of physics were made by no one. They are the rules just because "it just worked out that way."

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

I don't see what's so hard to understand.

The lot of you believe that dirt, wind, fire, whateverthefuck just popped in with no beginning decision. You believe that the rules of physics were made by no one. They are the rules just because "it just worked out that way."
    we don't know. there's many theories that could explain it. multiverses and parallel dimensions and stuff.

saying the universe must have been created, by something that's exempt from the same rule is bloody silly really

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post

that's the thing that gets me. god has always been invented and reinvented simply because people won't admit they don't know
    I'm never done admitting I don't know.

I believe, just as other people who don't know don't believe. Like you.

I said it in another thread, I believe loads of stuff that I don't know. I take them on faith as well
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    The lot of you believe that dirt, wind, fire, whateverthefuck just popped in with no beginning decision.
    No we don't, that's your interpretation, no-one else's. Matter consists of energy, remember E=MC2?

You believe that the rules of physics were made by no one. They are the rules just because "it just worked out that way."
    These aren't rules that are 'made', they are the observable way things work, they didn't have to be written, and they don't follow a pattern, that's just plain silly.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    No we don't, that's your interpretation, no-one else's. Matter consists of energy, remember E=MC2?

Sooooo? Do you believe the dirt is sentient. I mean sure it could be but I doubt it decided to create the universe.

You believe that the rules of physics were made by no one. They are the rules just because "it just worked out that way."
    These aren't rules that are 'made', they are the observable way things work, they didn't have to be written, and they don't follow a pattern, that's just plain silly.
    Who said written? Laws of physics do follow a "pattern".

How do you know the rules weren't made? Oh that's right "they are the observable way things work".

Shirley it would be better to say you don't know than to come up with stuff like this?
    Last edited by Busyman™; 01-11-2007 at 07:31 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Shirley it would be better to say you don't know than to come up with stuff like this?
    Forget it BM, you just look more and more stupid when you carry on like this, you just keep believing in creators who create themselves from nothing and wave magic wands to make thousands of millions of billions of stars and planets. If that seems logical to you then that's fine, I don't have any desire to burst your bubble, so you keep putting your stocking out at Xmas, and your teeth under your pillow, kiss mommy goodnight and the world will stay cosy and warm for you.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Forget it BM, you just look more and more stupid when you carry on like this, you just keep believing in creators who create themselves from nothing and wave magic wands to make thousands of millions of billions of stars and planets. If that seems logical to you then that's fine, I don't have any desire to burst your bubble, so you keep putting your stocking out at Xmas, and your teeth under your pillow, kiss mommy goodnight and the world will stay cosy and warm for you.
    So am I to believe the alternative?

You are the one that believes that the way things work doesn't follow a pattern.

You believe the starting point was simply matter.

I believe a sentient being started matter.
    I believe a sentient being put forth the rules for the way things work.

You believe those rules were just started on their lonesome. It's the rules cuz it's the rules, so to speak.

My logic > your logic.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast